HELP please!! - Changed my fusebox but think i messed up somehow :(

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Hope someone can help me out with this.. Im hoping its just something silly...

Purchased the new fusebox for on top of the battery today and just been out to fit it..

Started by disconnecting the battery terminal on the left that the holder attaches too and then placed this on top with something in the way so there was no way it could contact the battery terminal.

Then proceeded to wire in the new fusebox.. I took off 1 cable at a time and put them onto the new box so i couldnt mess up the order!!

was well impressed how nice and easy everything was and was finished in about 10 minutes. Put the new fuses in and then attached it back to the battery and tightened it all up. No sparks or anything from the battery etc.

Get in the car to test it all works but nothing :cry: No lights on the ignition, no door locks, hazards etc.. Everything is dead as if the battery wasnt even connected :confused:

Have checked it all over again and its all connected up well and also checked the fuses under the steering wheel but they all seem fine..

Now im very confused and slightly worried... Was hoping to take the car to work tomorrow but not looking likely now!! Had to lock all the doors manually with the key and everything :blink:

Sorry for the long post but can anyone HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

Thankyou in advance ;)

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
check battery output and make sure that's okay

another thing that might be worth checking is the earthing point on the battery tray, i've seen these starting to fray and corrode on a few cupra's

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
thanks mate

Just checked the earth connection at the back and they're all connected nice and securely..

Got nothing i can really test the battery with here though :(

:cry:

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
have you tried jump starting it ?? maybe worth a try to see what happens

we've had battery's at work go dead overnight due to dodgy cells, it's a possibility so worth trying the above

im running out of ideas now :confused:

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
lol i do really appreciate the help mate thankyou :)

Was thinking that but not sure the girlfriends 306 could handle me jumping it off hers!! Might have to wait till tomorrow now unless anyone else has any suggestions ??

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Tried cleaning the battery terminals and the clamps with wire brush or emery paper?.... my bros scooby went dead one night because of a little corrosion on both no lights or anything.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I had the same sort of thing the other day when i took my battery off i put the + and - back on and nothing, theres a metel strap type thing that comes off of the fuse box and hooks on to a bit of thread on the positive terminal then bolted down with a nut im guessing this then send power to the fuses or somthing because once mine was connected on the bit of thread all was alive again :D, its a little hard to explain so if none of that made sense ill grab a pic if its still light.

David.

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
do you mean this nut mate ? If so its all connected up tight... I did notice the nut was pretty old and a bit rusty though but surely it cant be that ?

DSC00054-vi.jpg

Am thinking of trying to jump start it after eastenders but dont want to make things any worse :(

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
i think ive just worked it out!!!!

Have a look at the old one and see if you can see the difference!!!!

DSC00056-vi.jpg

Oh my god i didnt expect to have to change all the metal bits over too!!!

Ninja

Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
are fans working ok now?

would say your looking at either a temp sensor failure or pump failure now

fans are definately working ok now.. both on full whack lol..

After 10 minutes of investigation i believe it to be the water pump!

Cambelt change is due in approximately 500 miles so explains why the pump failed when i was hammering it :whistle:

Will be calling my local mechanic tomorow to see when he can book my car in! Hope its not too long to wait as having to get lifts to work with the lady that lives opposite lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.