Help Please - New Car Order

allym1982

Hi All

After some help/guidance.

About 2 and a half weeks ago, I ordered a car from a dealer (holding their name back just now as they're trying to fix something for me). They managed to get the spec I wanted from one that was already on the boat, albeit I had to give up one or two extras.

Even sent my new private reg doc's to them and paid a £500 deposit.

Phoned today to confirm delivery date, which was meant to be next Friday (31st) only to be told that the woman who sold me my 'car' no longer works there. The car I'd ordered exist and if I want one with the spec I've ordered I'll need to do a factory order which can take til mid sept/early oct.

Going to give trading standards/citizens advice a call to see what they think. I don't unfortunately have any paperwork from the dealers but they called my work line where calls are recorded so pretty sure I could get proof if I needed.

V V Angry to say the least!

Anyone any thoughts/suggestions?!

Ally.

iandjm

Nov 23, 2007
Isle of Wight
Hi,

Thats terrible!! Did you not get a new car order form, stating you had paid the deposit given to you? How did you pay the deposit? If credit card, some protection may be available.

Keep us posted

Ian :cry:

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Sounds like the person who sold you the car made a mistake, hence why they don't work there anymore. When I put my £500 deposit down, I got a receipt off them to say that I had paid the money and why I had paid it. Did you pay by card, if so u'll have a receipt for that which should trace back to them, so your deposit money should be safe.

Get on to them, they have made an error, they should correct. Feel free to threaten them with the ombudsman. Might wake them up a bit.

ED

allym1982

Thanks Guys for the feedback.

I paid the £500 deposit on my credit card and I'm assured by the manager I spoke to today that I could have this back if I wanted. I didn't get a receipt from them which was another annoyance as I've constantly been chasing them for since I placed the order. I work in financial services so know all the rules to threaten them with.

I didn't lose it on the guy today as techically its not his fault but obviously they don't have systems and controls in place to monitor 'dodgy' sales people. If they don't come up with a suitable alternative I'll ask for my cash back. I can get a solicitors letter drawn up for say £25 if the worst comes to the worst.

Just can't believe I've been such an idiot......I should have twigged there was something wrong. As it is I'll contact my local dealer and see what he can come up with.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Makes me worried about my purchase hearing the problems you've had. I am defo going to go and see my Seat dealer tomorrow and demand assurance that all is good. Thanks for communicating your troubles, lean on them, I feel they owe you now.

ED

allym1982

Finally managed to speak to a proper manager at the dealership. He's refunding my deposit and sending back my Private Reg document. No apology offered whatsoever. I've faxed and wrote to them to confirm.

On a positive note, placed a order with my local dealer, in white with almost all the extras I wanted. Due by end of Aug.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Sounds like a result in the end, hope your car is all you wanted when it arrives. If you want something in life, it won't come easy, want it, earn it. Well that's what my boss said to me when he realised I'd done nothing for 4 hours, but still expected a pay rise.

ED

NorthWalesPie

We went to SEAT Pentreath in Menai Bridge (N Wales as we live in rhyl).

Won't go into details unless anyone wants them BUT they tried to diddle us out of £360. Ended up arguing with the Sales Manager and writing to the Pentreath dealership owner. What a waste of time that was - just brushed off with no apology.

Went to Lookers SEAT in Stockport for the Ibixa 1.4SE and was given first class service from everyone.

Would recommend Lookers Seat Stockport if you in that area.

Steve

allym1982

The Dealership is Perrys of Aylesbury. They still haven't refunded my £500 deposit and that was a request they've had for 2 days now. I'll give them til Tuesday then phone/write to them again.

On the other hand my local dealer has been good so far. Managed to source me a car and has kept me up to speed with what's going on.

Will let you know how I get on.

Has anyone else had the same problem with this dealer?

allym1982

Just to let everyone know that I finally got my deposit and private registration documents back! Took I while but I got there! Should get my new car from my local dealer in a couple of weeks.

JonDog

I have heard bad things about Perrys with regards to false promises

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
just noticed on my order form that my car's coming with 2 years full AA cover for free, does everyone get this or has my dealer been nice?

jamjar

Jul 6, 2009
just noticed on my order form that my car's coming with 2 years full AA cover for free, does everyone get this or has my dealer been nice?

Hi, Two years cover comes as standard from Seat, not the dealer.
Used to be three years, cost cutting now:(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise