Help taking mirror covers off

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, i've just brought some primer, Red spray and some Laquer to repaint my black plastic mirrors but read a guide saying to fold them in and then put your fingers in the gap and pull it off but since i've only got a bottom of the range 1.2 S i cant fold them in so was wondering how i can take the mirror covers off? Thanks

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks, it didn't seem like it would go though and didn't want to end up holding a broken mirror in my hand lol. Now i know though i'll push it in properly.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Are you sure you can fold them in? It wont go and started making splitting noise when i put some effort in and it really doesnt look like it folds in.

Remember its only a 1.2 S from 02. :)

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
Hi, i've just brought some primer, Red spray and some Laquer to repaint my black plastic mirrors but read a guide saying to fold them in and then put your fingers in the gap and pull it off but since i've only got a bottom of the range 1.2 S i cant fold them in so was wondering how i can take the mirror covers off? Thanks

HA! i love the opinion that the bottom range is like a glorified go kart with nothing on it :happy:

but yeah, tbh the only thing missing from the bottom rangers is climate control/ CD changer, the mirrors should still fold, they may be very stiff (one of mine is)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Ive had my Mirror covers off a fair few times now

Easiest way ive found is if you push the mirror glass to an angle you will be able to see the clips behind the mirror holding on the covers, Prise some off them off and the cover will pop off easier

Trying to pull the covers off with mirrors folded in hurts your fingers like hell in the freezing cold :cartman:

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
After trying all of these tips and pulling on it for hours i gave up and decided to spray them whilst still on the car! I masked it all up and are spraying them right now. Still on primer stage though .

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I managed to fit it half in the garage lol so the wind doesn't get on it but theres an old sofa taking up too much space so i cant get the back in but its primed and drying on drive now, will spray the red on tomorrow :)

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I will mate, its just primed now though.Im only doing one mirror at a time as well, the first should be done minus the laquer tomorrow :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.