Help understanding VAG.com graph

markandcath

I have being having problems with a 115 TDi PD going into limp mode and have logged the turbo function using VAG.com. I did start a thread in the Alhambra section but I figured the graph was better straight here in the TDi section.

A quick 30 second drive shows the problem. It starts with next to no turbo and obviously slow and a few seconds later it is overboosting and going into limp mode.

drivebs4.jpg

If anybody can put this graph into plain english for me I would be very grateful as this new car is starting to pee me off :(

P.S. Engine work already done:

Oil and Filter
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Water temp sensor
Silicon grease on MAF and TMAP connectors

markandcath

OK it would appear I had 2 faults. Someone had put a copy MAF in and the turbo vanes were sticking. I have changed the MAF and the low end response is amazing and I have been booting it like mad and lots of black puffs out the back later it is great with no limp mode issues at all.

I hope that helps someone as I was pulling my hair out and I did think it was new turbo time lol.

Only 1 annoying little thing left to sort out now. When I stop at lights etc. it ticks over fine but if left to idle the top end gets rattley, it sounds like the oil pressure drops but the light doesn't come on and holding the revs at 3K for a few seconds cures it. I have read the strainer in the sump can get blocked and I might take the sump of at the weekend when I get the time.

Have a good one all ....................

Last edited by a moderator:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Only 1 annoying little thing left to sort out now. When I stop at lights etc. it ticks over fine but if left to idle the top end gets rattley, it sounds like the oil pressure drops but the light doesn't come on and holding the revs at 3K for a few seconds cures it. I have read the strainer in the sump can get blocked and I might take the sump of at the weekend when I get the time.

Have a good one all ....................

You could increase the idle speed with VAG-COM perhaps?