Help with hose identification & replacement -Sorted

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Cleaning my engine bay today and noticed these fuel lines(?) are badly perished.

799A9A9F-2591-4448-9713-12C3CFF54422.jpeg
A68EAABC-BD3A-462A-A651-731106B4BB3F.jpeg

what do these hoses do exactly? And what issues am I looking at with them perished as such?

also looking into replacements, might as well spruce the bay up. Looking at braided fuel hose, 8mm I believe? What kind of fixing will they need?

I’ll probably get some 8mm ID silicone hose off eBay for the coolant hose there.

TIA

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
From memory, they're 'Fuel feed from tank' ' Fuel return to tank' and I think also 'vent pipe to the charcoal canister'. The standard ones are almost £100 from seat. (if you can find them) http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...133/subcategory/133050/part_id/1399318/lang/e

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...expansion-tank-hose-fuel-line-set/1j0133699c/

You could probably replace with standard fuel hose, reuse the exsisting connectors, and fit new clamps. Not sure what clamps would be best, as obviously if that comes loose you will have fuel pissing all over your exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
From memory, they're 'Fuel feed from tank' ' Fuel return to tank' and I think also 'vent pipe to the charcoal canister'. The standard ones are almost £100 from seat. (if you can find them) http://www.oemepc.com/seat/part_sin...133/subcategory/133050/part_id/1399318/lang/e

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...expansion-tank-hose-fuel-line-set/1j0133699c/

You could probably replace with standard fuel hose, reuse the exsisting connectors, and fit new clamps. Not sure what clamps would be best, as obviously if that comes loose you will have fuel pissing all over your exhaust manifold.

I looked into it and it seems most people just use stainless braided fuel hose and the appropriate clamps. So I’ve ordered some of that with a 8mm ID. See how it goes! Assume I’ll have to take out the fuel pump fuse or something when changing them?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
With the ignition off you wont need to pull the fuse (but nothing wrong with pulling it if you want to do so), there maybe pressure in the lines still though so be careful (I would leave the car over night to reduce any pressure.
Mine were an absolute **** to get off the fuel rail , so I ended up cutting the hose rather than take it off in one piece.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
With the ignition off you wont need to pull the fuse (but nothing wrong with pulling it if you want to do so), there maybe pressure in the lines still though so be careful (I would leave the car over night to reduce any pressure.
Mine were an absolute **** to get off the fuel rail , so I ended up cutting the hose rather than take it off in one piece.
Thanks for the help chaps.

Sorry for steering the topic, but i have some vacuum hose for the top of the DV coming. Whats the deal with the hard pipes on the side of the lump that it feeds into? I see lots of pictures of people who's hose just bypasses all of that to the inlet mani?

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Its a fairly standard mod , essentially you get rid of all the "junk" for a simplified setup.
In a nutshell you end up with a single vacuum line to the FPR, single vacuum line into the DV.

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Its a fairly standard mod , essentially you get rid of all the "junk" for a simplified setup.
In a nutshell you end up with a single vacuum line to the FPR, single vacuum line into the DV.
Sweet cheers. tried to find some guides but all I could get was n249 deletes.

do you have any how to’s or is it as simple as just removing the pipes and using vac hose for each line? If it doesn’t require deleting the n249 etc I might as well go about it, those hard pipes are an eye sore anyway.

Sorry for all the questions lol

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
did the n249 delete in the end and got rid of all the crap.

waiting on my braided hoses for the fuel line.

Last edited:

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Well today i received my hose in AN -6 with the same size hose finishers. For starters the hose finishers were wildly too big for the hose and once clamped the finishers were just free spinning/moving. Great.

Second sh*tter is that the new fuel hoses were too big, saw all over the forums to use AN -6 (8mm ID) and it needs a 6mm ID to fit. Maybe its cos i have the AUQ so the fuel lines arent as big? :headhurt:

So just to warn people about doing, just take your fuel line off yourself and measure otherwise this happens.

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Just measured my LCR and the fuel line I.D is closer to 8mm than 6mm - Sorry probably doesnt help much :-(

Well ive ordered some 6mm ID hose of the same variety, and some AN4 finishers. See if that fits! Id rather it be stretched to fit than clamped down to fit as it seems like a very tight line. Maybe the LCR does have bigger lines after all?

Last edited:

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Nightmare the 6mm hose didnt fit either so im thinking the first lot i bought was just wrong and threw me off.

Ended up sorting it out with some fuel hose from halfords lol (8mm)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.