Help!

dieter_321

Nov 19, 2010
Goole, East Yorkshire
I need help!

With my car being due to have an MOT this weekend i thought i should try and get rid of the engine management light (EGR is deleted and its a BLT engine, apparently it cant be mapped out) so my plan was to plug the EGR/ASV bit back in and cable tie it up somewhere so the light could be removed for the MOT. After figuring out it wouldn't fit anywhere under the engine bay i thought i could just remove the electronic bit from under the cap of the valve and tape it up somewhere for a more perment fix. I stripped it down and plugged it back in, then things started going wrong, the power steering light came on, airbag light, traction control, the coil light constantly flashing and the engine management light is still on. Now when i turn the ignition on, the power steering pump is humming all the time. When i start the car there's no power steering and no turbo, like its in limp mode. And sometimes it only runs for about a mintue. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? Ive plugged my laptop in with VCDS lite and got these faults, two of which have always been there because the EGR valve is removed.

4 Faults Found:
19557 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): Open or Short to Ground
P3101 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17957 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1549 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
17849 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
P1441 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
16706 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28): No Signal
P0322 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2
Monday, 17 February 2014, 20:41:43.
Control Module Part Number: 6Q0 423 156 AB
Component and/or Version: LenkhilfeTRW V270
Software Coding: 10141
Work Shop Code: WSC 06402
VCID: 6F9150BF3E85
2 Faults Found:
00566 - Steering Assistance Operation
27-00 - Implausible Signal
01314 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
79-00 - Please Register/Activate

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Thanks

dieter_321

Nov 19, 2010
Goole, East Yorkshire
Yeah, Iv tries clearing them and the re appear straight away. When I try and clear the PAS faults I can just hear the pump slightly change tone and then it carries on. Do you think it could be because I'm ising VCDS lite?

Badger

Dec 2, 2012
Newcastle, Staffs
No VCDS LIte will work just as well as normal VCDS.

I would unplug the EGR Valve wire and see if that improves things. Have you ensured that you have blocked off the ASV Vacuum pipe when you removed it?

Just to let you know. Plugging the electronic part of the EGR valve won't remove the EML as it is calculated using the airflow through the MAF.

2minits

Feb 10, 2014
If you manage to get it back to just the eml, have a word with your mot man, the place we use put eml down as an advisory, providing I tell them I know why it's on....just a thought...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members