Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Due to the agonising wait to see more pictures of the 5 door a) in non-matte grey and b) in the petrol version - I've done another mockup with the petrol version's wheels (nicked from the ST). When I get more time I'll do one without the copper accents (which is an option)

CUPRA_5D_Petrol.jpg

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Due to the agonising wait to see more pictures of the 5 door a) in non-matte grey and b) in the petrol version - I've done another mockup with the petrol version's wheels (nicked from the ST). When I get more time I'll do one without the copper accents (which is an option)

View attachment 16428
Yes, that looks more like a Cupra I could live with, and with the right engine too

Reactions: Syphon

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
CUPRA Leon PHEV on the road in red (looks much better than the matte) - still dying to see the petrol's rear. Also sneaky Formentor in red

Nice video.
The guy taking the video while following it really likes it except the combination of red with those exhausts. Prefers black with bronze/copper. I think I agree with him. He didn't have any idea which version it was though.
I'm still not so sure I like it. The brake lights look strange and it's a bit meh. Blends in too much and doesn't really stand out.

We only briefly saw the Formentor but it looked awfully cheap in red with all that unpainted plastic. Reminded me of the MG SUV whatever it's called.

Last edited:
Reactions: NotificatorZeth

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
Nice video.
The guy taking the video while following it really likes it except the combination of red with those exhausts. Prefers black with bronze/copper. I think I agree with him. He didn't have any idea which version it was though.
I'm still not so sure I like it. The brake lights look strange and it's a bit meh. Blends in too much and doesn't really stand out.

We only briefly saw the Formentor but it looked awfully cheap in red with all that unpainted plastic. Reminded me of the MG SUV whatever it's called.
The mk 3 Leon Cupra didn’t really stand out though did it? Not in my opinion anyways

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
The mk 3 Leon Cupra didn’t really stand out though did it? Not in my opinion anyways
Yeah for me it did. I've never owned a SEAT before and the LEON mk 3 used to always turn my head when I saw one. It's got a very distinctive look. I'd never even thought of owning a SEAT until that MK3 was launched. The MK2 was so ugly and they kept the shape way too long.

Reactions: Bucksssss

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Not sure about red but was not keen on that on my current Mk3. Like to see in the grey / graphite .

Any updates on when it will be launched available for order. Is it still Q1 next year? Looking to change out on my extended lease as soon as possible.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Not sure about red but was not keen on that on my current Mk3. Like to see in the grey / graphite .

Any updates on when it will be launched available for order. Is it still Q1 next year? Looking to change out on my extended lease as soon as possible.

Q4 this year - PHEV next year

Also...

Reactions: Oldboy racer

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Thanks Oldboy look forward to seeing the Spec sheets and prices. Im still not a fan of the alloys but may look better when I actually see them. The Red Cupra in the You Tube video looks more like Emocion Red than Desire Red.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I've been updated. PHEV is coming first.
Makes sense with companies trying to keep their average emissions down over the fleet. Don't they start to get fined soon if their average emissions are over a set limit or is that already in place?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Reactions: Kirky
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.