Hesitates on light throttle load - LCR

Diirrty

Hi, I have recently bought a 2004 LCR 225 for the missus, and for me to use at the weekend to take away the boredom of a company car!!

I have a newbie question. Just after starting up the car seems to hesitate, almost feels like you have hit a rev limiter even though it's only at about 2500rpm. It gets better when the car warms up but it has happened a couple of times even when warm.

Is this typical? The car is totally standard. A mate works for Audi and we have been through the diagnostics and there are no faults except for an intermitent temperature sensor. I knew this was the case as sometimes the temperature gauge drops away suddenly.

Is it the sensor? Any ideas??

Any comments on 'sensible' first time mods also appreciated!

Thanks.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
Hi and welcome
I used to get this on intial start up but after bypassing the N249 it has gone away
If you search N249 bypass loads of threads on what and how are about
I would also recommend uprating your diverter valve if its still standard, forge 007p are a very good replacement

MrTurner

Jun 21, 2009
I get this too.. Ordered a VAGCOM lead to shcek for faults, will now look for N249!

Mark300zx

Apr 24, 2008
Surrey/SW London
Hi and welcome
I used to get this on intial start up but after bypassing the N249 it has gone away
If you search N249 bypass loads of threads on what and how are about
I would also recommend uprating your diverter valve if its still standard, forge 007p are a very good replacement

Seconded, I did a vagcom and it came up with no faults, also check for some boost leaks/split pipes?

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
I had some problems with the exact same thing, I had numerous posts here to no exact answer, I recently changed my CAT and have to say things are alot better no hesitation so far and car is running great, to be fair though I was always gettin an inefficient CAT code. Thats what seems to have fixed mine after coils, maf, spark plugs were all changed.

ryan106

Dec 7, 2006
Just another comment on what my problem was as I think it is the same, I would drive the car easy when cold and its doing this I felt the hesitation on light throttle it was as if the car stepped back for a brief moment then continued on, when warm sometimes I would have got full boost and alot of noise from the induction kit but not the power you would expect as mentioned before this all seems to be resolved with the new CAT but it could all go wrong yet.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I had this until a few weeks ago when my mechanic suggested I clean the throttle body which, he did for me at the time. Been faultless since.

I don't think it had been done before as the thing really was filthy.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.