Hesitation up to 2500 rpm

TRUMPY

its an oat cake thang!!!!
Mar 13, 2010
s-o-t
hi guys i have been getting alot of hesitation on half throttle up to 2500 rpm, it feels ever so strange the power feels like its building up then all of a sudden drop off and the dump valve goes off even when i dont lift of the throttle, but on full throttle the power is still fantastic, just noticing it on town driving, in the last 6 weeks it has had a new MAF, N75J VALVE, COIL PACKS, 007P, could any of these be failing even after 6 weeks, any help would be great guys:confused:

please help

Last edited:

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
maybe the turbo is not spooling up properly - the turbocharged air is leaking somewhere?
You had a lot of parts changed recently, maybe one of the jubilee clips is loose. I had very similar symptoms after some minor work in a local garage - they were in a hurry and didn't properly fasten one of the clips on a hose and it came loose.
Check the hoses are all ok.

Last edited:

Nick.k

I have the same fault also changed maf, plugs,coils, dump vavle. full new blue flame pipe.Problem still there. vac com shows no fault . Starting to p*** me off now. Any ideas people ??

TRUMPY

Mar 13, 2010
s-o-t
maybe the turbo is not spooling up properly - the turbocharged air is leaking somewhere?
You had a lot of parts changed recently, maybe one of the jubilee clips is loose. I had very similar symptoms after some minor work in a local garage - they were in a hurry and didn't properly fasten one of the clips on a hose and it came loose.
Check the hoses are all ok.

hi mate thanks for the response, i have checked all pipes and conections everything seems ok, vag com showing nothing, i have noticed the problem since getting the car and before putting all them new bits on, :help::help:

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
hi guys i have been getting alot of hesitation on half throttle up to 2500 rpm, it feels ever so strange the power feels like its building up then all of a sudden drop off and the dump valve goes off even when i dont lift of the throttle, but on full throttle the power is still fantastic, just noticing it on town driving, in the last 6 weeks it has had a new MAF, N75J VALVE, COIL PACKS, 007P, could any of these be failing even after 6 weeks, any help would be great guys:confused:

please help

You've got a leak from one of the oil breathers under the inlet manifold... mine did the same. Get under the inlet manifold and remove the metal tray and check ALL the pipes carefully...

TRUMPY

Mar 13, 2010
s-o-t
You've got a leak from one of the oil breathers under the inlet manifold... mine did the same. Get under the inlet manifold and remove the metal tray and check ALL the pipes carefully...

thanks for that mate, what metal tray is that? do you mean the one where the n249 valve is? did it cause you to have hesitation up to 2500rpm and did the dump valve have a mind of its own when it was doing it, cheers neil

TRUMPY

Mar 13, 2010
s-o-t
What fuel are you using? Mine was doing this for a few days when i first bought it, once ran on Shell V-Power .... was perfectly fine!

hi mate, i try to use the tesco 99 octaine but its more like every other top up with the normal crap, its so bllody expensive lol, will try v power next time mate which wont be long, it never is :lol:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I have a similar problem when just above idle, crawling in traffic etc.
I get minor dip in power now and then, few hundred revs then ok again.
I always use v power so will look into vac pipes as above.
Cheers

TRUMPY

Mar 13, 2010
s-o-t
checked all vac pipes all is ok, there is a little oil on the back intercooler pipe the one between the pancake pipe and the inlet one at the back of the engine, might need new O rings, but dont think thats the problem as i have done the n249 bypass today and it has helped alot not 100% cured by loads better on take off

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.