Hey guys, I need your opinion.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Fiat Stilo Abarth. 2.4 20v 5-Cylinder. I really any decent Leon Cupra would eat this car as soon as it starts spooling, but for an all-round hot-hatch, loaded with technology... what do you think?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/116887.htm

I'd appreciate any opinions, experiences you guys had had.

I do really this isn't a Leon Mk1 topic, but the Leon Mk1 has currently got all my attention.. and before I view a black face-lift 2004 tomorrow evening, I'd like to scope out the alternatives.. (as any prudent buyer would)

Thanks guys

Jun 28, 2001
as i have the pleasure of workin on both makes then i would defo say that seat would be the way to go fiat's look good yer but build is crap and everything on them is totally crap and breaks:)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I know :< "Fix It Again Tomorrow". Buuuutttt...... this one apparently hasn't yet suffered from the reliability issues. Apparently ....

Nov 28, 2006
Personally I don't like them BUT one of these killed me in my old standard LC. I had a rolling start and he was stationary at the lights. He still managed to beat me down the slip road onto the motorway.

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
Avoid at all costs. The Selespeed box on these things is by all accounts utter gash. I had a FIAT Coupe 8 years ago and it was poorest built car I have ever owned.

Snoopie

Impossible
Feb 5, 2006
Enfield
If it's anything like the Shumacher edition I test drove a while back. It's a slow but revvy engine. To make the most out of it, it really needs a kick in the pants. Even after that, not much happens I'm afraid.
Felt a lot slower than my somewhat modified Fabia vRS, which it probably was.
High insurance for a big engine, and not the most economical. Although, saying that... Neither is the Cupra, but certainly more fun.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Modern Fiat's are not rust monsters (like they used to be), but electrical gremlines and all round general **** build quality let them down. Its not so much one particular aspect - the whole package is just a bit, well...****. Also it will depreciate quicker than a house in Iraq.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
I don't like it Looks wise, but i may be biased.
But when your behind the wheel all you see is the dash and the veiw from the windscreen, so if i was you and liked the look of it (which i assume you do?) i'd get down to a dealer and take one for a drive. If your buying new it will be under warranty for long enough for most faults to reveal themselves, and if it is impressive then its got to be worth a haggle.
I think you may have asked the wrong crowd if you were expecting a fair response though ;)

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Lol. You bunch of mugs :p

If I say it was all a big joke, would it be too late to save some reputation? :p

But seriously... the car appealed.. the price, the look, the engine.. it's performance wasn't mentioned favourably in any review I found online. (Odd for a "hot-hatch", eh?) But the issues of reliability were mentioned.. frequently.. the Stilo Abarth has moved away from the Fiats of old, apparently.

Nevermind, the search continues ....

:<