hey. Selling ibiza for a Cupra 4x4

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
Hey, im was out trying a friends 4x4 cupra today and thought it went far slower than my chipped ibiza. of course much because of the 4x4 and ekstra weight.

But when chipped and with full exhaust how a much better will it go?

And how dificult would it be to get the same specs as cupra R.

k04, injectors and chip?

Gezz

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester
we never got the 4x4 versions over here, I guess you are talking about the 1.8T and not the 2.8 V6?

In the dry the 4x4 will always be slower, not just the extra weight, 4wd transmissions lose some of the engine power before it gets to the wheels as its less efficient, I've read at least 10% is lost, but this might not be correct. I think the Seat used the haldex 4wd system which is supposed to be front wheel drive until it detects slip and then sends the power to the rear, I'm not an engineer so don't know if the power loss is reduced when only the front wheels are driven.

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
we never got the 4x4 versions over here, I guess you are talking about the 1.8T and not the 2.8 V6?

In the dry the 4x4 will always be slower, not just the extra weight, 4wd transmissions lose some of the engine power before it gets to the wheels as its less efficient, I've read at least 10% is lost, but this might not be correct. I think the Seat used the haldex 4wd system which is supposed to be front wheel drive until it detects slip and then sends the power to the rear, I'm not an engineer so don't know if the power loss is reduced when only the front wheels are driven.

i was thinking of just that, when only the front weels are driven as the rear only kicks in when slippin, there wont be that much of a loss. as there would be with permanent 4 wheeldrive.

yes talkin bout the 180bhp 4x4 1.8T

What sort of turbo choices (kits) are offered for these cars ?

And got thinkin of the exhaust route would be different on the 4x4?

SeatR

Mar 17, 2008
Norway, Bergen
but some leons got the lower part of interior in grey! but the others (newer models?) i black?

Are the newer door trims and dash a direct fit?

Double DIN facia fit all models ? (2001)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.