Hi Jack - Tips

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Hey guys, been involved in a incident 2days ago, where nearly had car taken of me, during the evening 1030pm. Got blocked of by 2 mk5 golf, Had the driver side window smashed by a baseball bat, but i manage to sqeeze past.
I manage to loose them as the gofl were only tdi's. just suferd a few damage 2my face due glass shattering on my face.

Now i need a new replacement window driver side :cry: and think my centrol locking no functioning properly!

Any suggestion on how to avoid this happening. as i dont think next i wont be so lucky! :help:

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
F'ing hell mate, glad your ok. Whereabouts did this happen?

I guess if they were that desperate to get hold of the car then best give the thing to them.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
F'ing hell mate, glad your ok. Whereabouts did this happen?

I guess if they were that desperate to get hold of the car then best give the thing to them.

This happned in my own area! Had long chase! almost rit my car off at the same time! :drive2:, need something faster! [:@]

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Hey guys, been involved in a incident 2days ago, where nearly had car taken of me, during the evening 1030pm. Got blocked of by 2 mk5 golf, Had the driver side window smashed by a baseball bat, but i manage to sqeeze past.
I manage to loose them as the gofl were only tdi's. just suferd a few damage 2my face due glass shattering on my face.

Now i need a new replacement window driver side :cry: and think my centrol locking no functioning properly!

Any suggestion on how to avoid this happening. as i dont think next i wont be so lucky! :help:

Jesus, thats not good. Its a difficult one to give advice for, cause until it happens to you no one knows what they would do. Its only when they probably smashed the window, you then reacted. Instinct before that would be, "what the hells going on here".

Id like to think i would floor it, and with a bit of luck take out a couple of the chavs with me. Especially if i was able to reverse back over them, which probably wouldnt go down to well on report form.

What exactly happened mate, from start to finish.

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
To be honest ive got lucky! Had my mate in much worser, he had a pulsar and he was parked up at traffic lights, he had brick smashed threw his window and jsut missed him! Follwed by some trying to tear gass him and drag him out! he manage to press the acelarot and go but what was worse he jackers had a stolen evo! so it was quite impossble for him to get away till he saw police car and the evo just turned off!

Birmingham hes become very corrupt and crime is worser! Think i have puncure as well! think i need sort out, think i hit pot hole! but not sure till i check it out!

i herd tints hold the glass when it shatters, is thi right? reason asking if the glass shatters again in face, my eyes wont be so lucky!

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Yeah i work in the glass industry mate i know that on buildings you can get a laminate which is pretty much the same as tinting laminate that prevents robbers from smashing through windows totally so i guess that tinting should almost have the same effect.

Im not being judgemental or nieve but call me a nervous wreck if you like but i never trust anyone whn im driving (dont ask me why cos i've never experienced anything that extreme only a couple of people with road rage approach me) But as soon as anyone starts to approach my car i dont hesitate to either go away or make a move first (i mean one day i may regret)
I now its a bit extreme but if you know things like this are likely to happen maybe its about time you thought about carrying you own form of protection against this.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Yeah i work in the glass industry mate i know that on buildings you can get a laminate which is pretty much the same as tinting laminate that prevents robbers from smashing through windows totally so i guess that tinting should almost have the same effect.

Im not being judgemental or nieve but call me a nervous wreck if you like but i never trust anyone whn im driving (dont ask me why cos i've never experienced anything that extreme only a couple of people with road rage approach me) But as soon as anyone starts to approach my car i dont hesitate to either go away or make a move first (i mean one day i may regret)
I now its a bit extreme but if you know things like this are likely to happen maybe its about time you thought about carrying you own form of protection against this.

I did have, but ive left it in the boot! :doh:

got the car booked in for new window today and the central locking checked as well!
You get over the shock! but next time i be ready! [:@] but sometimes, you aint so lucky if you alone and they good gang of them!:blink:
Thinking of getting tracker done!

Had you guys ever had ppl coming down your road, stop outside your yard, have a glance at your car and drive off? :confused:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Bloody heck mate, glad you're ok! :blink:

I'd echo what's been said above about the security film, as that could buy you some time. And a nice big Maglight wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Cupraloon

Fk'me dude thats awfull, glad to hear you got away fairly unscathed just glad i don't live in a big city any more,

Hope you reported this to the cops, i really don't know what you can do in this situation apart from what you did, and just if poss get away as quick as poss, apart from drive around with a big Ferocious dog in the car with you at all times.... :shrug:

I carry a bloody great steering wheel lock on the passenger seat, just in case but what use it would actually be i hope; i never need to find out.

I never drive right up to the car in front just in case, it gives you an escape if you need it, and have my door locked at all times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Bloody heck mate, glad you're ok! :blink:

I'd echo what's been said above about the security film, as that could buy you some time. And a nice big Maglight wouldn't go amiss either ;)

Yeah that's a sensible suggestion...

Think about it, these are not just your average tea-leaf. They are quite prepared to beat the living crap out of you for your car. So don't give them the chance. Keep your car key separate from house keys etc. Give them the car ( run like hell leaving the car running ) and then call the cops. If you have a tracker fitted let the police deal with catching them, that's thier job...

Everyone that thinks they can act the hero and tackle these thugs is gonna end up in intensive care ( or won't even make it that far )...

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Yeah i've had people do that quite alot really but i have to say i've had my house broken into several times too, Theres a bit of a hate thing towards me around my area I think.
But now i've got CCTV camera outside my house now and have actually caught a few people threw it too :D

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
Shocking story. Possibly mistaken for someone else?

I'd like to think it's an odd and rare thing to happen. Personally, as above, I'd like to think I'd hit the gas and leave them behind. If you are completely blocked, then give them your car. It's only a car at the end of the day.

Hope you are ok.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
Yeah that's a sensible suggestion...

Think about it, these are not just your average tea-leaf. They are quite prepared to beat the living crap out of you for your car. So don't give them the chance. Keep your car key separate from house keys etc. Give them the car ( run like hell leaving the car running ) and then call the cops. If you have a tracker fitted let the police deal with catching them, that's thier job...

Everyone that thinks they can act the hero and tackle these thugs is gonna end up in intensive care ( or won't even make it that far )...

I understand and pretty much agree with your comments its just if it did ever happen to me im far too proud and stuborn for my own good to stand down.
And im not a particularly big guy either :cartman:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
FECKIN HELL...that's quite scary to be honest.

If i was you I'd get a tracker in the car and security film installed. I am even thinking of it myself as England is getting worse and worse of late.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.