Hid con kits

paddy tolado

Was going to order a hid kit for my tolado for diped beem can any1 tell me is it h7 bulbs i need? thanks :confused::whistle:

paddy tolado

good job

:pcheers mate thats the stuff i can get ordering now on ebay for under 50 quid

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
No probs, Let us know how it goes. I wouldn't mind considering HID, but up to now I thought you lose at least one headlight function due to HID being single filament. So for example if the main beam was done, you'd lose dipped beam or vice versa.

Or is that the reason why you're doing the side lights?

I'm guessing from the price you suggested there that you're avoiding a 'hong kong special fried lightbulb'? I did notice there's some kits that come with a bulb warning device for cars that know when a bulb is out, I guess the Tolly doesn't need that?

Last edited:

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
No probs, Let us know how it goes. I wouldn't mind considering HID, but up to now I thought you lose at least one headlight function due to HID being single filament. So for example if the main beam was done, you'd lose dipped beam or vice versa.

The toledo has separate bulbs for the main beam and dipped so if you fit HIDs to your dipped beam you'll still have your standard main beam and vice versa. Still works as before just will look very yellow compared to the HIDs.

I'm guessing from the price you suggested there that you're avoiding a 'hong kong special fried lightbulb'? I did notice there's some kits that come with a bulb warning device for cars that know when a bulb is out, I guess the Tolly doesn't need that?

The bulb warning device is only needed for newer cars like the Mk2 Leon and Mk3 Toledo so as long as you have a 99-04 Toledo you'll be fine with a 'basic' set of HIDs.

Nowt wrong with the Hong Kong Cheapos either, I got mine from Diane-shop and had no probs with them as did others from here.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
The toledo has separate bulbs for the main beam and dipped so if you fit HIDs to your dipped beam you'll still have your standard main beam and vice versa. Still works as before just will look very yellow compared to the HIDs.

The bulb warning device is only needed for newer cars like the Mk2 Leon and Mk3 Toledo so as long as you have a 99-04 Toledo you'll be fine with a 'basic' set of HIDs.

Nowt wrong with the Hong Kong Cheapos either, I got mine from Diane-shop and had no probs with them as did others from here.

Ah, thanks for the pointers. I think I'll still stay away from the import versions, I've had a few fellow bikers try and save money and they've not lasted.

And not needing the bulb warning device is useful because that was adding another £20 on to the price!

paddy tolado

Cheers for the advice lads only puting in diped beem for now my bro in law got japsfor a omega and ther in 3 years now so they must be ok they have not arived yet so il let ya know what yaw they go on.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.