HID converstion

welly

Feb 20, 2009
Sussex/London
I'm interested in this too. My mates has just ordered this kit for his corsa, so unless some people reply I'll let you know how his kit goes.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Dont know why some are cheaper than others. But they are really worth the money. I have a set on my car just now, HID low beam and halogen high beam. Although I have ordered a set of Bi-Xenon ones (HID low and high) and they are on there way to me.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The advert doesn't say that they are CAN-BUS friendly. They may cause a bulb failure message as they don't draw the correct current.

Fingers crossed they work OK>

What a PLONKER I am, I read the forum wrong, I thought this was a MK2 Leon topic not mk2 Ibiza.

So there's no CAN-BUS to worry about. Go for it they should be fine.

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just make sure you get the right bulb type as standard lamps are H4 and Gti lamps are H1 x 2 of

you don't get a bulb failure warning (our junk doesnt have it) but you will find you will need to disconnect a resistor and wonder why speedo goes crazy and resets when you turn em on

there is a loom currently under way to cure that by the way :)

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
thats what my loom is basically, tested it with direct earths (easier) and still the same so it's simply current draw that causes it as suspected

new loom made to plug in to all ends so it's easy to add battery power direct to a relay/fuses and revert if any issues

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
How much were the bi xenon ones if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

Mine were $70.89 or something which works out at the current exchange rate of £44.17. Currently on there way to me now.

just make sure you get the right bulb type as standard lamps are H4 and Gti lamps are H1 x 2 of

you don't get a bulb failure warning (our junk doesnt have it) but you will find you will need to disconnect a resistor and wonder why speedo goes crazy and resets when you turn em on

there is a loom currently under way to cure that by the way :)

I dont get any crazy speedo things or resetting with mine. :confused:

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
My HID kit came today, not got a clue how these are fitted looked on you tube for some inspiration but no joy....is it easy? Im not bad at DIY just need a little advice to get me on my way.

If anyone knows of good instalation videos or any advise as where to begin, would help in the long run. Cheers.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
same as the bulb for the filament part

plug in the box to the wires from the car

the other wires from the box go to the element/bulb

dry test it worx all ok first then you know its good to go and you'll know what hole to put in what cover easier then :):)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
same as the bulb for the filament part

plug in the box to the wires from the car

the other wires from the box go to the element/bulb

dry test it worx all ok first then you know its good to go and you'll know what hole to put in what cover easier then :):)

To save me starting another thread. Flapper Ive bought myself a H4 Bi-Xenon kit. It came with a switching/relay harness for the change between high low. The wires to the boxes/ballasts are self explanatory, but I have 3 wires with ring connectors on the end which goes 2the battery, there is one with a red bit on it and 2 with black. Im guessing the red goes to the +ve on the battery and the 2 blacks to the -ve.

Also there is only one plug that goes into the headlight loom. Its similar to this loom:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Mine has 2 of part 'B' though.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i would say your 2 of part B (earth) is most likely one for each power pack possibly split so can be located easier each side or even one for packs and one for relay?

the A (positive) goes to the relay then is switched to both from there by the headlamp wire signal

i have some H4 ballasts and bulbs here saved for the hot rod but mine's all been sliced up for when i make the loom from scratch

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
i would say your 2 of part B (earth) is most likely one for each power pack possibly split so can be located easier each side or even one for packs and one for relay?

the A (positive) goes to the relay then is switched to both from there by the headlamp wire signal

i have some H4 ballasts and bulbs here saved for the hot rod but mine's all been sliced up for when i make the loom from scratch

There is one of B at each side of the loom with the wire that plugs into the ballasts. And the wires on one side are much longer than the other.

So its right there will only be on connector to the standard headlight loom?

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
Hi ya well i finally fitted them after 4 hours as i thought that the wiring in one of my head lights was broken, after taking the whole wiring apart and checking it with an amp meter all the way back to the fuses i found that the only thing that was broken was the fuse itself. lol Lesson no 1 always check the fuses 1st. I then had the delight of having a faulty Ballast lesson 2 always check the merchandise. Changed the ballast and all lights are now working.... BUT!!!

When i put the Xenon’s on the 1st switch (Side lights) the side lights light but only one of the xenon’s comes on and the other strobes.... Why is this? When they are put on fully both work fine. Anyone had this problem with the xenon’s on with sidelights?
:shrug:

cupra!

one off!
Nov 29, 2006
hertfordshire
here are a few pics i took lastnight, not the best quality but you get the idea of just how bright these are.

DSC06725.jpg

DSC06724.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

DSC06728.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise