HID fitting?

DallanTan

Aug 23, 2007
Rutland :)
Everyone on the forum talks about HID's although no-one has posted how easy they are to fit? - he battery looks very close to the rear of the passenger light?? - will this be a problem??

Thanks.

jNx

May 4, 2006
M25 J13
www.surreymodified.co.uk
It really is a case of just plugging the bulb to the ballast and the old headlight connection to the ballast.

You need a little file to make a small hole in the plastic cover edge so the additional wires to come out of the headlight, but as long as your competant in using 3M double sided tape, the ballasts just go on the back of the headlight.

1 spanner out of 5 for difficultly, seriously!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Depends on how well you want to fit them.

I took my headlights out and screwed the ballasts to the chassis leg under the headlight so theyre out of sight, all looks like OEM before HID's.

undefined

Complex Simplicity
Jul 8, 2007
Sheffield
i moved mine so i had the room to work.also removed filter.just makes things easier. i ended up using the brackets to fasten ballasts down.took about 30 minutes to do both..

finding the right fuse to change after was hardest part :D

Mat

theres a fitting guide in the Leon section thats easy enough to follow if you really think you'll struggle. but seriously, they're the easiest thing ever!

Mat

yes thats correct. there is a special tool. forgot what it is, my neighbour has one but didnt have it at home at the time. So I drilled a hole with biggest bit i had, then used a round file to enlarge it. Took a while, and not exactly circular, but did the job and is sealed well!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members