HID help :)

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
i got some HIDs today for my single cluster headlights so they are H4's (hi/lo)

i put them in and they work fine, but the bulb comes with like a metal cover round it.

and ive noticed that there is like a metal deflector like thing inside the headlight.

do i need to remove either of these or just leave them in?

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-co...s/ultra-h43-hilo-beam-35w-hid-kits-p-260.html

picture two shows the metal surround

thanks

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Your link shows that they are H4-3 bulbs you have bought, so I believe you leave the metal cover on the bulb.
When you switch to high beam the metal cover is moved by a solenoid to change the beam to high.

Does it mention it in your instructions?

Last edited:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Ah I see... You mean the diffuser? Circled in the pic (I know it`s a twin reflector and yours is single).

Diffuser.jpg

To be honest I`ve never fitted a Bi-xenon kit but I would imagine that the Bulbs you have are larger than standard to accomodate the integrated cover.

I would say the standard diffuser would`nt be needed anymore.

mazzerati

Bags are for groceries!
Jun 27, 2008
Beverley, East Yorkshire
I managed to get the metal bit out just slid through the hole where the bulb goes gunna have to make a little bracket to hold te metal clip that holds the bulb in place!
Investigation ongoing ;)

ben-ducky

Feb 25, 2008
Llanelli, S Wales
Ah I see... You mean the diffuser? Circled in the pic (I know it`s a twin reflector and yours is single).

Diffuser.jpg

To be honest I`ve never fitted a Bi-xenon kit but I would imagine that the Bulbs you have are larger than standard to accomodate the integrated cover.

I would say the standard diffuser would`nt be needed anymore.

i know this is off topic but what sidelights do you have? they look good. very white! thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.