HID lights

Tom--

thinking about putting HID conversion onto my ibiza sport, is it worth doing? kits are roughly £150 i think or seen bulbs that claim to give a brighter/whiter light, are these any good?
thanks

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Yes worth doing....i wouldnt be spending £150 mind...not when you can pick them up on e-bay for under £40 have a search on here and on the bay...you need the h7 type bulb...ive done the bulb route and now have hid's there is no contest really hid's everytime...:funk:

Tom--

cheers, I;'ll have a look about. what does fitting the kit involve?

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
cheers, I;'ll have a look about. what does fitting the kit involve?

very easy to do you have two cables that plug into the ballast pack, one connector that also goes to the ballast pack and then two spade connectors that plug into your orginal blub holder job done all you then have to do is get a hole saw a put a hole into the cover that goes on to the back of the headlight took me 5 mins a side

pic of one i have just done for my friend

2009_0730a10004.jpg

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Yeh well worth it even the cheap ones from hong
kong on eBay are exelent and never had a set
break on me yet. Don't think I could go with out
them any more. Just bought 6500k to stay away
from the 8000k common/chavs look. Get the 50w
if you can they are super super bright just wonder
how long before I am pulled and put in prison for
being the baddest ass in the world ever !!!! Haha :funk:

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
Yeh well worth it even the cheap ones from hong
kong on eBay are exelent and never had a set
break on me yet. Don't think I could go with out
them any more. Just bought 6500k to stay away
from the 8000k common/chavs look. Get the 50w
if you can they are super super bright just wonder
how long before I am pulled and put in prison for
being the baddest ass in the world ever !!!! Haha :funk:

Tom--

good stuff :) and pic is v.useful cheers! going to get an induction kit (and rig up some sort of cold air feed) and a front upper strut brace then next payday get the HID set (or maybe payday after as it's the girlfriends birthday :( )

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
diane-shop on ebay £44 for the 6000k h7 kit thats what i have ,18 month warranty !!

i got mine from dianne shop and they broke within a few months and tbh that warranty is not worth anything as i never got mine sent back to me. Another paypal dispute:cry:

If i were buying again id go for some cheaper UK seller HIDs so if they break you always have a come back, they may not be as cheap as the honkong ones but you will at least get a proper warranty

Mat

hope you're not goin to be the new Dai Cupra............. Try searching before posting a new thread mate......

and for the record, Diane Shop on eBay is where to get them from :D About £22, plus £22 delivery. Bargin

Last edited by a moderator: