hitting the rev limiter

Jonny95 SXE

The Irish Contender
Nov 23, 2004
carparks are the best location to test these theories out jake! never chance it on roads, roundabouts etc, never know whats coming etc, wanna line up a track day soon though... no good tracks over ere though :(

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
Yeah, corsas are pretty bad as well. But soooo many people drive corsas that it helps dilute the percentage of chavs driving them.

TBH its a bit of a shame that Saxo's are driven by chavs, as the VTS is actually a pretty good car when it comes to drivers enjoment and performance. But they are french, and crumple like a tin can when in an accident.

You just cant beat an Ibiza, superb car all around. Not being bias ofcourse :p

Mig

Im looking to get a corsa soon. 1.6 with 106bhp as standard, tunable to 150+ :p

Not going down the obvious boy racer route mind....more 'Superlite Ltd' show car

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
Im looking to get a corsa soon. 1.6 with 106bhp as standard, tunable to 150+ :p

Not going down the obvious boy racer route mind....more 'Superlite Ltd' show car

Just wondering, how is a 1.6 n/a engine easily tunable to 150bhp? That's like saying that the GTI 16v is easily tunable to 200BHP, but we all know that that's not true and it costs a LOT of £££ to even get to the 185BHP mark :cry:

Mig

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
ahh but theres a few tricks on the 1.6 corsa that gives some very substantial results ;)

f1nn

Aug 20, 2006
Inlet manifolds on the 1.6 16v gsi's are toss, replacing those gives over 20bhp on some engines.

So on a healthy motor you could be looking at close to 130 with minimal mods, a set of cams will see it over 140 i would have thought, then a set of ITB's will see it over 150, or as close as makes no difference.

They are a cracking little engine actually, but no one seems to care and they just lob an old 2.0 16v XE in there.

jaketalbot

cupra Jake
Dec 11, 2006
Colchester
yeah i wouldn't try anything too stupid on the roads! a girl round my area was killed the other week, because some idiot was drifting his scooby on a main road round a bend a smashed into a wall killing her! so thats what happens when you venture out of car parks! saying that one of my mates wrote his car off in a car halfords car park, doing a handbrake turn and ended up ripping a wheel off on those little tree things that have a curb round it. :lol:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.