holding boost

plums

Should boost pressure hold or is it nomal to drop? mine peaks to about 18 psi then seems to drop to about 15 psi.

plums

no its not a lcr just a 180 fr remaped to 229. just that when you boot it, its right up near 19 psi then drops 4 or 5 psi up to redline and some one told me it shouldnt loose that much but if thats normal then thats ok then.

plums

nice one thats good nothing to worry about that need sorting.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Some cars are mapped like that to, I think the Revo maps come in with a big hit but don't hold it to the red line where as other maps like a P torque come in smoother and don't drop as much......depends who and how it was mapped I guess.

plums

i got the car mapped there just wasnt sure if that was normal after a freinds friend came in it the other day and said that it shouldnt drop but i guess they didnt no what they were talking about. lov it since been done tho wouldnt wanna go back to 180 again.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I expect it comes in quite hard then drops off?

The only way to not have it drop as much is to have it come in with less of a bang so it holds it for longer in the revs.

If that makes sense? :cartman:

A drop is normal tho.

plums

yeah that makes sense. some times not giving it loads but in 2nd and 3rd when letting of the power before changing gear depending how i let it off you get a slight jolt is that nomal?

must admit it does seem like a large tail off for an LCR but that may just be the characteristics of the map, as stated various maps spike and hold differently and some are more aggressive from the get go, it's just i've never heard of one tail of past 17/18 when mapped but as my car knowledge is far from vast that certainly doesn't mean it's not uncommon to go lower :D

turbin

must admit it does seem like a large tail off for an LCR but that may just be the characteristics of the map, as stated various maps spike and hold differently and some are more aggressive from the get go, it's just i've never heard of one tail of past 17/18 when mapped but as my car knowledge is far from vast that certainly doesn't mean it's not uncommon to go lower :D

My car pulls really ! hard from 3000rpm's. And I think 14psi at redline is pretty normal from a remap... not sure tho, have only tried this one remap.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.