Holdup's 1.6 16v Leon S

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Here it is, my 1.6 16v 2003 Leon S with just under 64,000 miles on the clock :D which i picked up Wednesday

image021k.jpg

This is the only picture i have at the moment :(

The cars still standard apart from the 50w 6000k hids (which are 10million times better in the standard headlights of this car than they were in my standard astra headlights!) and a after market stereo (which looks a bit naff at the mo as it sticks out for some reason, but at least its better than the tape player that was in there!)

Hids on road

image023k.jpg

Tomorrow im going to get out give it a nice clean up and polish, check the brakes, bleed them and then stick this on which my bro got me today :D

image022i.jpg

Mods to come, but lack of money at the mo untill i find a full time job :( also still recovering from putting 60 quids worth of petrol in it the other day! but tesco gave me 5p of a litre next fill up and £5 off 18 cans of beer so that makes it a bit more justifyed :happy:

Sorry about the pics, all taken on the phone

Last edited:

jchambs

Hi, Looks nice. I also just bought a standard Leon 1.6 sx, and was thinking of doing some simple mods. Been reading about various chips and air filters slowly getting a clue about their pros and cons. What type of things are you thinking of adding?

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Hi, Looks nice. I also just bought a standard Leon 1.6 sx, and was thinking of doing some simple mods. Been reading about various chips and air filters slowly getting a clue about their pros and cons. What type of things are you thinking of adding?

Thanks, im not too sure yet, i was thinking a k and n 57i induction kit and i like an exhaust which looks close to the cupra exhaust, other plans id like facelift grills, cupra alloys, golf mk4 wipers and arms, also skoda rear wiper and arm, lower it but not too much 20, 30 mm? smaller ariel and maybe debadge the rear, they are the only thinks i can think off of the top of my head.

Some more pics now ive cleaned it up a bit :D

dscf186611.jpg

dscf1868a.jpg

and a quick play in photoshop, undecided though

dscf1866.jpg

jchambs

yeah, mine looks like its on stilts too! could be because its a black car, just shows up more. So lowering would be my first major mod once I find out what kind of hit I would take on insurance. 30mm sounds like a lot though, I defiantly want to preserve ride comfort and clearance. K&N filter? Maybe, I've read it will make no difference accept for the engine sound.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Waaaahheyyyy some more 1.6's!! Glad to see you guys on here!! Shout up if need anything, had mine for nearly two years now and spent about 2k on it :p

Jimski

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
30mm sounds like a lot though, I defiantly want to preserve ride comfort and clearance. .

I didnt think 30mm was a lot tbh which is why i considered that as being the lowest point i would go to as i feel something like 40 would be too much.

jchambs

30mm drop is not too bad on a 1.6.......

Your right, A 30mm drop doesn't look that bad. Don't no why, but in my mind I had images of the tyres scraping the arches. Your rims look good. Nice, dark and subtle. To me the Leon doesn't seem to suit showy larger rims. Just imo.

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
30mm drop is not too bad on a 1.6, that's what mine is lowered, though personally wish i'd went for 40mm

That's mine with a 30mm drop. not the clearest of pics to make out but it will give you an idea

Definately need to get wider and larger wheels and colour code the rub strips to totally transform the look of the car

http://file049a.bebo.com/10/original/2009/05/25/21/5102087553a10897656197o.jpg

See that i think looks more than fine which is why i wouldnt want to go any lower, as im not after a slammed look but more of a low but standard look if you get what i mean

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Mine is a 35mm guys with 225 width cupra wheels and fully colour coded. Just the right amount and looks good with the spacers :p

Jimski

jchambs

Definately need to get wider and larger wheels....

What make are your current rims?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
It wont mate, mine was a 35mm spring/shock kit, and it didnt exactly that, mine has never scraped or caught on anything.

In fact it just looks as low as a Cupra now, many on here have seen and could clarify!
BILD0517.jpg

Jimski

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Hmm i suppose, amccan's looks quite low at 30 i think

What kit did you get and how much was it?

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Thats quite reasonable, where from? wonder how much ill have to pay my Dad to fit them, he didnt quite enjoy replacing the springs and bushes on my Astra :p

jchambs

....Definitely need to get wider and larger wheels.....

Sorry jimski, but I was after the make of amcan10's rims. I like the dark subtle colour and low profile look. Your starfish's look nice too though.

Amccan10, What make are your current rims?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.