Honda s2000 aerial

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Has anyone got the honda s2000 aerial fitted to there car?

Got mine off fleabay, would not fit as the thread was to short, cut the base down as suggested on here, did manage to fit it but still did not thread tightly and talk about cliffhanger! overhang like me mother in laws ass! look at the pic

looks good from this angle

s2000aerial001go1.jpg

but then look at this! oik

s2000aerial002gk5.jpg

just to say the aerial wont be staying on the car! standard one back on until I get a upgraded better fitting one.

apparently the s2000 is the same as the civic one that pabs has but pabs looks pretty flush from the pic below.

s2000cu4.jpg

Last edited:

NickSmith

The one I got from Ebay was the same (bad) fit - I think it's still rolling around in the boot now :)

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
oh crap! i've just brought one off of ebay..... neutral/negative feedback if it fits like that!

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
if it is this one then, yep you are screwed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120017703083&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I have emailed the guy, no reply as yet.
The problem is that the thread is too short and the rubber base is too fat so will overhang like big momma! cutting the rubber back does **** as it wont go any further then the thread screw base.

The thing is I have hacked the aerial to bits now (actually did a good neat job with a stanley knife) I will leave him the feedback he deserves though :redcard:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
cupra-c_ya said:
if it is this one then, yep you are screwed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120017703083&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I have emailed the guy, no reply as yet.
The problem is that the thread is too short and the rubber base is too fat so will overhang like big momma! cutting the rubber back does **** as it wont go any further then the thread screw base.

The thing is I have hacked the aerial to bits now (actually did a good neat job with a stanley knife) I will leave him the feedback he deserves though :redcard:
i got mine from the same bloke, only difference is that in the description it says it will fit a leon http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....20016689818&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1 well happy with mine!

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
DPJ,

your has a very slight overhang but nothing like mine, where did you get yours from?

the s2000 aerial I have has a much bigger base then the standard aerial, the ebay seller says they are the same as the dealer aerial, yeh right that's, bloody fleabay!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
cupra-c_ya said:
DPJ,

your has a very slight overhang but nothing like mine, where did you get yours from?

the s2000 aerial I have has a much bigger base then the standard aerial, the ebay seller says they are the same as the dealer aerial, yeh right that's, bloody fleabay!

Mine's a Honda one, I (carefully) trimmed it with a Stanley knife to reduce the diameter of the base.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
the s2000 aerial I ordered is 20mm in diameter at the base and the standard one is 16mm, so you reduced this with a stanley blade?, I had to reduce the height as the screw thread was to short, even with it reduced right back to metal thread base it still didnt catch fully, put it this way it would not stay on when driving fast.

p.s yours is the honda civic one yeh?

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
here are a couple of very poor quality pictures taken on my mobile
CUPRAH005.jpg

CUPRAH004.jpg

there is a tiny bit of overhang at the back but not enough to worry about.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
what is the diameter of the base of that aerial? 20mm?

did you have to trim any rubber off? the thread on mine was tiny.

p.s. I think ill be getting mine direct from honda, the one like pabs on post #1 the bottom pic, this aerial looks the best fitting.

Last edited:

Hairy

Oct 17, 2004
Wiltshire
Most people just push it on a bit harder, the ruber flexes and the thread catches, then screw on until tight like normal.

This one was from ebay.
DSC00691.jpg

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Believe me I tried pushing it on as hard as I could to catch the thread properly, does not help when the thread is just far to short compared with the standard aerial thread, you must of been lucky.
just look at the pics on #1 definately not right, has more overhang then yours and looks a total mis-match.
Pabs aerial looks much better then all the ones I have seen so far.

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
Rik, paul who you know on here has ordered one so we shall see what he makes of his, I must admit all of yours has gone on better then mine, dont know why?

Would you guys be happy with the way mine has gone on my car if it was on your car? :(

The ebay seller wants the one I bought off him and he will find the best fitting aerial he can i.e. as close to 16mm diameter and a longer thread, hopefully he will sort it out?

Last edited:

panholio

Jun 26, 2006
Leeds
hmm my aerial has a totally different base to all these. Big thing sticking out the back of it which I presume is to do with the Satnav.....

Anyone with factory Satnav fitted one of these little blighters? I think the screw thread is likely to be the same?

paul26982

cupra-c_ya said:
Rik, paul who you know on here has ordered one so we shall see what he makes of his, I must admit all of yours has gone on better then mine, dont know why?

Would you guys be happy with the way mine has gone on my car if it was on your car? :(

The ebay seller wants the one I bought off him and he will find the best fitting aerial he can i.e. as close to 16mm diameter and a longer thread, hopefully he will sort it out?
alright right m8 just got a message back off the sender

HELLO THERE! I RECEIVED YOUR PAYMENT YESTERDAY AND POSTED YOUR ITEM OUT
TODAY! HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE WITH YOU BY FRIDAY. I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOUR
FRIEND ABOUT THE AERIAL AND HE SAYS IT DOESNT FIT. I HAVE SOLD THESE TO
OTHER SEAT OWNERS BEFORE AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOURS IS
OK ONCE YOU RECEIVE IT, ID BE HAPPY TO REFUND IT YOUR HAS THE SAME PROBLEM

cupra-c_ya

I love da boost!
Oct 4, 2004
devon
img124.imageshack.us
paul, I have spoken to the ebay seller as well and he seems reasonable and offered me to send mine back and he would find a better one with a longer thread.

Mine does look terrible as it overhangs really bad at the back, although I dont think mine is threading properly, comes off without un threading it?

some guys have posted on here and there's fit o.k, I dont think they have trimmed anything off like I did, if you are not happy dont attempt to trim it back. at least then you can send it back to the seller complete.

I have messed about trying to get this on and from the picture on post #1 it looks ****, I am gonna go and give it another go in a mo and see if I can get it seated better but I still think I will have a overhang, will post up if I get it sorted.

yours might be o.k?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.