How bad is the dpf problem

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I swapped to revo from a sedox map for my cr170. I had a nagging doubt after going to sedox, and Marshalls problems only multiplied that doubt. I wouldn't say my car is any quicker with the revo map, but I do have peace of mind now and that's worth a lot to me.

Really need to get a Revo and my Sedox side by side in VCDS to see if it's worth it to even switch over.
I have the same niggling doubt about whether mine is being kind to my engine :( I think I'm just hearing noises now where there aren't any.

So if anything, go with Revo for peace of mind

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
From my map from the cowboys I instantly noticed more power especially 3.5k upwards.
Engine noise is so quiet and refined again. Also my oil temperature sits approx 4 or 5 degrees less. This was on the same day same journey same speed and outside temp.
Wish I'd logged my exhaust gas temps.
Since going to Revo my bcs tailpipes don't get bronzed when driven hard either.
Pleased my car only done 2500 miles on that software.
Now done just over 4000 miles on Revo and loving it.

Last edited:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
From my map from the cowboys I instantly noticed more power especially 3.5k upwards.
Engine noise is so quiet and refined again. Also my oil temperature sits approx 4 or 5 degrees less. This was on the same day same journey same speed and outside temp.
Wish I'd logged my exhaust gas temps.
Since going to Revo my bcs tailpipes don't get bronzed when driven hard either.
Pleased my car only done 2500 miles on that software.
Now done just over 4000 miles on Revo and loving it.

Stop worrying me :'( I can't afford a remap at the moment

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Just with everyone's talk of Revo, how come there isn't a revo map for my 2009 pre fl FR? Tdi.

As above mate revo gave up on the pd engine because they just couldn't get it to work smoothly with the dpf delete. If you want a remap for a pd engine I'd recomend shark buddy. I love my shark map!