How can I make these fit 12" steelies

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
Ok....I think i need to sort this out as i started it!
I only posted this because i thought it looked good and wanted to know how it was done!
I never asked for anyones personal opinion and I didnt want it to get spammed by peoople of a narrow mind!
If you dont think it looks good thats your own opinion and believe me your more than entitled to it but theres no need to be spamming the post with comments like

"wow. that looks even more **** than I thought it could" "you seem to have spelt "****" by using the word "awesome" by mistake"

Anyway, I think it looks good and i'm gonna give it a try on my old steelies, i can get the trims free from a friend with a passat and i might spray em, if it looks **** i'll just get rid of them simple as....

So anyway, Dave 88 or Suj, should i just cut the original trimming on the back of the trims off and cable tie them on ya?

Agree with ya 100% matey. Don't think i've ever gone to someone's thread and said their ideas are shite, I usually just don't post or say "it's your car, go for it"
Go for it and some piccies up pronto :happy:

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i agree with some of your statements, BUT these people you relate to as spammers, are the people that keep this site running, if it werent for them, you would be discussing this situation with your mum at the dinner table...

as for attaching them, yes, take the wire ring off, cut the remaining clips off, that cable tie them onto your steel wheel

So sam, its ok for someone to belittle someone for doing something they don't like?

I appreciate all the mods who a nice, like flapper, brummy, DPJ etc

But when someone is always rude, doesn't matter if mod/admin etc, its not nice!
And then threaten banning people cos they are telling how rude they are!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
So sam, its ok for someone to belittle someone for doing something they don't like?

I appreciate all the mods who a nice, like flapper, brummy, DPJ etc

But when someone is always rude, doesn't matter if mod/admin etc, its not nice!
And then threaten banning people cos they are telling how rude they are!

Do you need banning again?

If you look - I'm commenting on the 'mod'

He makes it personal.

Now you're making some sweeping comments. Once again you find yourself on unstable ground.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
So I'm not allowed to ever comment on anything you say m0rk?

Ok cool, won't ever say anthing then about you, happy?

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
k calm down everyone, max prob didnt know you were a mod,

ive done the same on an xbox forum, if someone gets angry over the internet, you're obviously goin to get angry back..
its common.
i however got angry at a mod and of course banned me, because i didnt like final fantasy.. now seriously.. its the internet.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You need to get some perspective here

I've been doing this 10 yrs. I don't get angry, I barely get agitated.

However, the one thing I do have is my opinion. The sucky thing for you is you get to read it.

Disagreeing with me is utterly OK - calling me names, not so good. I just don't need to tolerate it & since I have more options on the forum than most, I can exercise them in whatever method I feel I want to.

And final fantasy is for losers, so I'm with you there

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
thats true, 10yrs is a long time, hell i was 9 when you started xD

but if calling you names get agigtated, you could bring in a Warning system,
like 2 warnings = temp ban
4 warnings = perm

and have maybe a lil thing that shows what can get you warnings.
E.G: Name Calling, Profanity etc.?

it could work a lil better, cause as in Max case, he prob thought u were just another guy who was at his computer trolling, but in fact you're one of the head mods.

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Ok so since this guy got banned or something... I have a little question which isn't really worth a new topic.

I've seen this Jetta in the topic the topic starter posted, with centercaps from a mk2 Golf... Now I know those wheels from that Golf are 13 inch, and my wheels are 14 inch. Question is: Can I get the mk2 Golf centercaps to fit on mine? I think it would look pretty cool with black centercaps and black steelies, then lowered, and pre-facelift bumpers... Or even with grey centercaps and grey/black steelies?!

Here's the pic of the Jetta with the centercaps I kinda like:
IMG_0310.jpg

Would be a nice cheap alternative to buying facelift bumpers and shiny alloys, since it will get at least some attention, without paying much money. Just gotta find the centercaps... Of course, I would make them look way better than the Jetta's "permanent marker-black" on "brake-crap/dust-brown"....

EDIT: Found some of those caps by the way.. 10 euros should do I guess. Going to have to paint them anyways since 2 are screwed.

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
Found some... Just looked at my own steel wheels and they probably won't fit, the bolts seem to stick out a lot, and the part they're supposed to cover has a really rounded edge... Seems I have different steelies than most people... They also seem much too small. I'll try getting them anyway though.

EDIT: Got them... 10 bucks :)

Last edited:

Mythbuster

Oct 6, 2010
Made, The Netherlands
My thoughts exactly! Just have to save up reaaaallly hard to get enough money for coilies! Earning 50 bucks a month at the moment, 40 of which go to road tax and insurrance and other stuff! Stupid homework all the time, can only work on Saturdays, not even every Saturday since I got so much studying to do.

Somehow though, I think there are already coilies on mine since there were also speaker holes in the parcel shelf..... And my suspension is quite hard....

Yeah, ... I know... I wish :(

Last edited:

Seat-Chris

MK2 1.4 Sex :D
Jul 20, 2008
Derby
im not a fan of the g60's theyve been done too death in my opinion :(, much rather have crappy steels with over sized hub caps :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.