How do I set my alarm off ??

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
'05 LCR and I'm convinced the alarm doesn't work...I've tried to simulate a pikey by pulling the door handles and wobbling the car but to no avail...

Anyone got a defacto process for setting my alarm off...??

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
ianc said:
'05 LCR and I'm convinced the alarm doesn't work...I've tried to simulate a pikey by pulling the door handles and wobbling the car but to no avail...

Unlock it with the spare key, open the door and walkaway

IIRC the key needs to go in the ingnition withinh 20 seconds otherwise alarm sounds......

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
Intersting...I used to have a Y reg cupra, and my bro managed to set the alarm off by just trying a door handle whist it was still locked, guess the rules have changed since.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
get in the car press lock on the remote and wait 30 seconds then move about the alarm should go straight off

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
I might opt for the lock my cat in the car then and cover the window screen in mice option :D

....or optionally, lock my cat and some mice in the car....

Last edited:

deangtiuk

lock car with osf window open then lean through and pull bonnet release.

minxycov

open your boot....shut it.....press your lock button once...(which only locks your drivers door) then open boot....was checking whether i'd locked my car the other day until i was told u had to press the lock button twice to lock boot as well....

andycupra

status subject to change
minxycov said:
open your boot....shut it.....press your lock button once...(which only locks your drivers door) then open boot....was checking whether i'd locked my car the other day until i was told u had to press the lock button twice to lock boot as well....

what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who thought that up...? doh

minxycov

no one thought it up...i found it out when i was checkin if my boot was locked when in a rough area of town.....

makes sense when ya think about it ;)

AD4M

Aug 21, 2003
Suffolk
Visit site
ianc said:

Throw a brick through the window

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
On the LCR, hitting lock on the fob once locks everything - none of this open boot buisness. Tested :)

Tried leaving door open and no key in ignition for a few mins, no alarm.

Tried locking the car whils sat in it waving my arms about...no alarm.

Perhaps I need to leave a window open.....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.