How Have You Secured the Nomad A Pillar

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Hi guy's,

bought the a pillar mount second hand and was wandering how the f**k do you secure it tightly to the a pillar? The original part has 4 or 5 female ends that the yellow clips fit into but this has none.

Can you help?

Last edited by a moderator:

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
I just screwed it in with the single screw provided and it sits nice and secure, have heard a few people have used velcrow at the bottom but mine didnt seem to need it.
My Voltmeter aint working tho, dont think they have wired it up properly :(

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
I just screwed it in with the single screw provided and it sits nice and secure, have heard a few people have used velcrow at the bottom but mine didnt seem to need it.
My Voltmeter aint working tho, dont think they have wired it up properly :(

Screwed where? didnt really want to do that really

qed296

Leaving it standard
Jul 19, 2009
Leon Cupra R 225
I used valcro. A thin full length strip near the glass,a piece on the roof lining and a large strip running along the inside of the door rubber.
I found if i used the chunkie foam pad off the o/e piller at the base it sat firm and hasn't moved since.

Didnt like to use a screw due to the being no counter sunk hole for it.

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
Right so velcro seems like a good idea. So where should I place it?

Edmong. your confussed by the "screw" because like me you have an early version without the screw at the top ;)

I used velcro but it never really held properly so i removed it and still haven't got round to sorting it.

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
velcro too. twin gauge version.

peeled off a little off the nomad in hot weather a couple of years ago but a little superglue between the velcro and the nomad and it's lush

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I used industrial strength velcro around the edges of the gauge holder but it tends to come off after a while. So now use the velcro combined with a little screw that goes into one of those yellow clips. Doesn't move at all! :)

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
Industrial strength velcro with araldite. I found that in really hot temps and seriously hard cornering it can come loose (not the velcro itself - hooks etc the adhesive that sticks the velcro. they are usually rated to 120 temp wise but in really hot days the metal of the car can far exceed that. (so bl**dy hot u cant touch it). but id give the normal industrial stuff ago first. i just got fed up with it :=)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I have the original with velcro, which is fine for the bottom 2/3rds of it but the top part by the headlining kept dropping down which p*ssed me off and didn't look very OEM lol so I used normal flexable silicon glue (bathroom/window stuff etc) and clamps over night and that has done the job perfectly! :)

edmong

GHE Tuning
Aug 15, 2007
Plymouth, Devon
Been out and bought some velcro. Ive glued some to the top of the nomad but where else should I put it? If I look at the back with the top part in my left hand where else should the velcro be placed in order to get the best grip?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.