how i fitted my uni intercooler

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
well nothing concrete yet, but decided im gonna keep the car for a bit (was gonna sell in a month) so im looking at at least a ko3s now (eventually hybrid) so will probably upgrading this cooler to something more substantial as funds allow! got enough to be getting on with at the mo though, just ordered exhaust.

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Cool, same here mate got a dp and cat on the way and loads of internals coming for my engine rebuild so funds are a limited!!!

His wheels look awesome wouldn't look right on a different colour car!

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
his cars my idol, did you go past the nomads stand then guys? i was on there too, saw some beautiful beezas there, one really inspired me, a silver one with a forge fmic, brembos and looked sexy as anything!

cuprachrissy

his cars my idol, did you go past the nomads stand then guys? i was on there too, saw some beautiful beezas there, one really inspired me, a silver one with a forge fmic, brembos and looked sexy as anything!
i think that was widdowd? hes on here i think

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
that car comes out once a week if its lucky lol!

well widdowd is responsible for me now spending money!!!!

i thought my car looked particularly nice on the back of the aa low loader :(

Oct 31, 2006
Cambs
Nomads stand you mean scn yeah?
Widdowds was next to mats silver ibiza and has got a an aftermarket rear spoiler, awesome car was my insperation for a while aswell.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
we were in the next compound to the scn stand thats where the black beeza with the pink rims were, i was there too and a red standard cupra too!

adam20vT

Jul 13, 2008
i had a go at fitting my intercooler today (universal) struggeld with the metal pipe that goes under/by the front engine mount its soo tight that i abandond the task and left it for another day. Any more pics from everyone would be helpful thanks :)

adam20vT

Jul 13, 2008
its basically rubbing against the mount too much for my liking, am going to take it to work do it on a ramp think on the floor was just too much hassle.

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
There's loads of pics around mate mine should do you, maybe you not using the right hoses. You mean re engine mount underneath don't you? Should clear that ok

adam20vT

Jul 13, 2008
i got the whole kit off ebay soo not sure if can get hoses wrong, but like i said will have another crack at it saturday when i have more time and facilities. cheers everyone though

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
ha ha, oops was typing on site using the iphone lol! in english, i meant somethings wrong if its rubbing! it shouldnt touch the mount mate :)

cupra_jobe

Oct 24, 2008
I bought mine from ebay wish i had this guide few weeks back mine was a right pain! mounted mine on the slam panel which was too close to the bumper so had to hack loads off lucky i had access to a body shop. next problem the ali tubes supplied have no flanges on so blow off the slicone hosses when it comes on boost. recomend the cooler, but not the pipe kit it comes with had to have all my pipes remade in stainless with flanges on the end, also still have an air leak so have to buy some WRC jubilees at £5 each but then they hold up to 3 bar hehe ;) morrel of the story buy cheap get cheap!!

Will post some pics soon. They have done a nice job with the pipe after it was also rubbing on the mount.

Last edited:

mav12

Did anyone have problems with the intercooler contacting the condenser? because ive tried mounting mine in the same place as sparkie but theres no way it will go on with out contacting the condenser.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.