How many people have had their Formentor’s ceramic coated?

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I’ve been thinking about getting my Magnetic Tech grey Formentor ceramic coated when It arrives next month but never had this done to a car before so wondered whether it is worth getting done and if so are there any places in Kent/Essex that are recommended?

Reactions: mrcave300

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I’ve been thinking about getting my Magnetic Tech grey Formentor ceramic coated when It arrives next month but never had this done to a car before so wondered whether it is worth getting done and if so are there any places in Kent/Essex that are recommended?
I'm from EU. I've booked mine for ceramic coating. No idea if it is worth it. First time I am going to do it. Car is going to stay for 2 days and from the description will get a bit of a polish before getting coated.

I was thinking about PPF as well but in the end decided against it. Couldn't find a reliable shop to put it and the guy I talked with wasn't really impressed with how PPF looks.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
I did ceramic coating to 3 cars. First one was done a few days after collection, by the guy in Maidenhead. It was quite expensive but very well done. Product was Gtechniq.

My other 2 cars, were done by the guy in Surrey, he was cheaper, but I don't think it was the same quality as first car. He used Kamikaze and Gtechinq.

Unfortunately, the first guy moved into boats and planes and became very expensive with his own show room, so didn't use him again.

Also, my last daily car, had paint protection applied by the dealer, product by Autobrite. I didn't want it, but he included it in price (probably manipulated price, by discounting the car extra and then adding paint protection). They made some effort, and it was well done. I also got bag of Autobrite products in the boot. Car stayed relatively clean and washed easily.

I only protect cars which I own, so Formentor won't get any detailing treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peyton

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Had my Midnight Black VZ2 Ceramic Coated and it’s well worth the cost.

0ef6cf6885ef4e1951ea8dfcb55e3439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcbmally

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
It sounds like it’s worth having done as I plan to keep the Formentor. What sort of prices should I budget for? The closest detailing place to me is AWC in Southend on Sea, Essex but they quote £595+vat for a 2 year coating or £745+vat for a 3 year coating. Does anyone know anywhere in the Kent, Essex, Surrey area that they can recommend?

CupraCraig

Mar 5, 2021
I get the same guy to come and do all of my cars at my house.
£250. A really good job for the money, get him back on most cars I’ve had every 6 months for a £100 maintenance top up.
A little bit too far for you though.
3D090EFE-4D85-400B-8A8F-7E60E1321314.jpeg

I‘ve spent much, much more on this kind of service and the difference is negligible to my eye.

Reactions: Baldiesimo

Baldiesimo

Mar 16, 2021
Had my Midnight Black VZ2 Ceramic Coated and it’s well worth the cost.

0ef6cf6885ef4e1951ea8dfcb55e3439.jpg

Who was it done by? Mine was done by dealer when I purchased it. But not sure how good that is as I'm sure its not done by a professional.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Dealer work is usually poor, unless there's someone who cares. It's certainly not worth paying for it.

Mercedes dealer told me that they did Autoguard paint protection on a used car, but the car was simply dirty and had a lot of tar on the paint, so they probably put something on top of the dirt and that's it. It took me 2 days to clean it.

For comparison, my friend paid £800 for BMW 4 series coating and was very happy with it. It was done in Bedfordshire and I found him this detailer on car forum.

Reactions: Baldiesimo

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Who was it done by? Mine was done by dealer when I purchased it. But not sure how good that is as I'm sure its not done by a professional.

Mine as done by a local detailing company in West Cumbria. I would’t want the dealer doing it as i know they are not professionals in doing it.

Snowie

Mar 16, 2021
Mine as done by a local detailing company in West Cumbria. I would’t want the dealer doing it as i know they are not professionals in doing it.

Was that in Cockermouth by any chance? I f so, I had a Jag done there and it was excellent.

Snowie

Mar 16, 2021
Yeah it was. They’ve detailed a few cars of mine but this was the first I had Ceramic coated.

I’d happily recommend them to anyone.
Same here, although I chickened out of driving through the narrow entrance off the main street!

Reactions: Maypack

Torks

Mar 15, 2021
Manchester
I’ve done mine with Maguires ceramic. Did it on the first three washes and is fantastic. £17 a bottle at Amazon. Imagine that’s enough for 4 washes

Dovla_ktm

Jan 22, 2021
I have arranged full treatment next week. Official Gtechniq workshop. I takes 4-5 days for complete job. About 700£, warranty included.
They told me graphene gray is very delicat colour because of it’s softness so it’s harder to apply coating.. we’ll see..