how much can i drop my m1 leon on 18s??

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
It's hard to say, never take notice of suspension drops the manufacturers list for their products, they're always way ott and aren't comparable. It could say 60mm (which if correct is an awful lot!) but only lower 10-15mm and maybe not even the same amount front/rear!

Depends how impractical you want it aswell, are you talking scrubbing arches with people in the back and constant road/splitter interfaces? :)

You'll have to just find out what other people have done and ask for pics. Get height adjustables if you're fussy about the ride height being just so.

h00vertime

May 10, 2006
what is a road/splitter interface?? i was wanting go as low as i can but still be able to have peeps in the back

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
i'm on 18's too fella, gonna drop it 50mm front and rear, bearing in mind i got 2500 worth for I.C.E. (radio equipment for those that don't know about it), in the boot.

h00vertime

May 10, 2006
you got a 1.6??? i aint got n e ice so that aint a factor, there was a spring and shock kit on ebay that caught my eye on ebay £125 60mm

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
nah i got a 1.9tdi, the kit i'm looking at is a WEITEC 50/50 (front and rear) but when ya go that low you'll be needing new antiroll bar links, to stop the drive shafts rubbing the antiroll bar

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
If you get the correct 18'S u can go as low as 80mm on the back. Easy!!

Front can go very very low to with no scrape in teh arches. U will have problems with exhaust and bumer scraping on speed humps WAY befor you have wheel trouble.

Just make sure you get the correct 18's

Also this is based on an LCR so they might have differnt arch linings (dought it tho)!!

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
my exhaust is already on polyflex bushed and sits a bit higher the loest part of my car, apart from the front bumper, is a small brace under the back seat, that runs under the exhaust. Wheels are the correct offset and tyre size, so i know there right (plus it's my job in halfords to know this, hehehee). but i recon lower the better. :)

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
i know loads of people will not say that, but i prefer lower the better, had a mk2 golf yrs back i slammed it 85mm on 15's, could just about get a can under it.................can was on it's side, lol :)

h00vertime

May 10, 2006
mackers are you gonna have to have that done?? if i went 60 would i def need to do that??

i measured from the tyre to the outside of the arch n its 80 mm

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
but if you look carefully, get someone to sit on the boot lip, you'll see the wheel actually goes inward a bit, so in my eyes clearing the arch, but 50.. i'm gonna go anyways

h00vertime

May 10, 2006
yeah iv got 3 people to sit in the back n its gone down by 40mm, if i by the kit wouldnt it be hardrer tho??

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
it will be as stiff as a stiff piece of wood on a cold day with steel braces, that also are stiff holding it, lol, plus (like my golf i hope) handle like a go-cart :D

how much is yours lowered by SKORCHIO??
also are you both going to the EDITION38 event, as it would be good to see fellow leon owners, with their "pimped" cars, i miss those i use to goto with my Mk2 Golf, over 3yrs ago, before i bought an AVENSIS, but then got my black beast now :)

Last edited:

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Well depends how much u wana spend

Personaly id co coilover they you can set it to however high you like/=.

Ill never buy anythink but them again. Spent £230 on my audi for shocks and sprints and they where not low enough was well pissed off!!!