How much do MK3 Cupras weigh?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
The numbers 172 &182 will often spend more time with the bonnet up than on the track! Good fun handling cars for sure, but hard to get any meaningful power out of them, being NA the gains are small at a high cost!

Cupra everytime for me:D

turbo009

Red Lightning
Jun 15, 2008
Grimsby North East Lincs
stripped out cupra + hybrid and all the extras = very big :D

i need to get my arse into gear and get mine finished. took it out the other day after it being left in the garage for 3 months, put a massive smile on my face, but didnt put mucvh traction down, forgot how silly it is in the wet! :lol: 4th gear before i get any kind of grip.

not selling mine though :p

Ian you tease "not selling mine tho" :D

Take us out on that private road again soon mate please. Been too long, just want to feel the Hybrid POWER again :D

I'm bored of my 200bhp power now :(

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Clios kick the arse out of the ibiza on track... 1000kg on a bad day before you 'really' start stripping

No need to get more power out of them, so maintains reliability....

Try them both & have a think.

But Pug 106 GTi's would also feature as an excellent track car

Rock up to a track day, skank some paxlaps & see how many Ibiza's feature vs other kit

Poverty

Clios kick the arse out of the ibiza on track... 1000kg on a bad day before you 'really' start stripping

No need to get more power out of them, so maintains reliability....

Try them both & have a think.

But Pug 106 GTi's would also feature as an excellent track car

Rock up to a track day, skank some paxlaps & see how many Ibiza's feature vs other kit

Thats because no one ever thinks about seat as a trackcar. Plenty mk2 golf GTI's feature though.

Integra Type R could be a contender though if I was to go the NA route.

ian_cupra

i played with a fully track prepped DC5, and we were evens, he was running a plated diff and r888's, and i have standard pants ibiza diff and road tyres.
So with cage in mine and diff and tyres i'd eat him for breakfast

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
So it could be a driver issue then?

Talentless driver in Teg vs someone who knows their car etc?

R888's & an LSD will correctly driven out drive the Mk3 Ibiza

ian_cupra

also had something to do with the fact i was way way quicker down the straights, as in 20mph nearly, this was at cadwell park by the way

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
I have to agree with Mork.

I used to go to trackdays in a friends 205 gti with an mi16 on carbs with a lsd - it ran rings round most things out there in corners and kept in sight of all but the quicker things on the straights, the ibiza in handling & weight terms is awful in comparison - i bet a 240bhp one would struggle with it on straights too - pure power to weight.

You would have to spend much more than 2500 to get a decent track-spec ibiza, though i bet a good one would be a right laugh and very quick its just after you have replaced suspension, arb's, diff, wheels, brakes, you have spent quite a bit of cash.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members