How much do MK3 Cupras weigh?

Poverty

As above how much do they weigh?

Has anyone stripped one out? How much power to they run after a remap, and what do they max out at on the standard turbo? Is there a hybrid turbo option?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Bagder5 does a hybrid conversion, there is a sticky thread there with a breakdown of costs etc Getting mine done this feb. Other that have had it done seem to be very happy. Will produce the same figures as a stage2 mk1 leon, but in a lighter ibiza it should be ALOT of fun!

Poverty

Bagder5 does a hybrid conversion, there is a sticky thread there with a breakdown of costs etc Getting mine done this feb. Other that have had it done seem to be very happy. Will produce the same figures as a stage2 mk1 leon, but in a lighter ibiza it should be ALOT of fun!

yeah been reading that, its £2600 iirc. Just looking at getting a track slag. Mk3 ibiza cupra running about 200hp and stripped bare would be quick and fun. If I get one will look at getting a pre modded one. Will see in 3 months time whether I take the plunge or not, once the K1 is done. ;

What part of south london are you from? Will you be going to the AMD rolling road day?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
yeah been reading that, its £2600 iirc. Just looking at getting a track slag. Mk3 ibiza cupra running about 200hp and stripped bare would be quick and fun. If I get one will look at getting a pre modded one. Will see in 3 months time whether I take the plunge or not, once the K1 is done. ;

What part of south london are you from? Will you be going to the AMD rolling road day?

Yeh you can pick mk3's up for dirt cheap now, but be careful, from some of the ads ive seen on PH there are quite a few nails about:(

I live in Clapham area Poverty, you local aswell? Yeh im coming down to the AMD RR day in feb, possibly with hybrid power if all goes to plan. Love AMD, they have done all the work on my car to date, cant knock them at all.

Poverty

Yeh you can pick mk3's up for dirt cheap now, but be careful, from some of the ads ive seen on PH there are quite a few nails about:(

I live in Clapham area Poverty, you local aswell? Yeh im coming down to the AMD RR day in feb, possibly with hybrid power if all goes to plan. Love AMD, they have done all the work on my car to date, cant knock them at all.

Im from greenwich mate so not far from you. Love AMD too lol they have done all my bits. Will look at for you on the day. Is AMD or badger bill doing your conversion? :)

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Im from greenwich mate so not far from you. Love AMD too lol they have done all my bits. Will look at for you on the day. Is AMD or badger bill doing your conversion? :)

Yeh not a million miles away at all. Im sure i wont miss your white beast at the RR day, love the Mk2 Leon's, stunning! Im getting Hooch to fit all the bits and Badger5 to put his Stage3 map on it. Should be a fun drive when its all done. 250bhp'ish in a lightweight cupra =:D

Poverty

If your looking for a cheap and easy track car, get the K03s slapped on and go for stage 2. 230-240hp with more in torque. Decent brakes, decent shocks, strip it out and away you go!

wanna sell yours ;)

Poverty

Yeh not a million miles away at all. Im sure i wont miss your white beast at the RR day, love the Mk2 Leon's, stunning! Im getting Hooch to fit all the bits and Badger5 to put his Stage3 map on it. Should be a fun drive when its all done. 250bhp'ish in a lightweight cupra =:D

yeah that thing will fly, you should bring it down lakeside one night and meet up with the rest of the cupra lads

Poverty

Make me the right offer and I may have to consider it! Always looking at new potential motors.

Actually got her booked in for her first outing on the track on the 6th of Feb [B)]

haha well once I have finished the cupra I might well start trying to poach a sorted mk3 cupra off someone. Looking at your spec it would pretty much be ready for me to abuse straight out the box ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
haha well once I have finished the cupra I might well start trying to poach a sorted mk3 cupra off someone. Looking at your spec it would pretty much be ready for me to abuse straight out the box ;)

faster more fun cars out there than a mk3 Ibiza though...

No offence to the owners.... but for £2.5k there's a lot of potential track cars that would run rings round them.

ian_cupra

stripped out cupra + hybrid and all the extras = very big :D

i need to get my arse into gear and get mine finished. took it out the other day after it being left in the garage for 3 months, put a massive smile on my face, but didnt put mucvh traction down, forgot how silly it is in the wet! :lol: 4th gear before i get any kind of grip.

not selling mine though :p

Poverty

What other cars would fit the 2.5k budget that would be more of a hoot than a cupra and maintain reliability?

Thats what Im thinking, the cupra, is cheap and easy to get parts for, are reliable, light and have alot of power.

Have looked at 106 gti, 206 gti, but they lack the cupras power, and arguably reliability. nissan 200sx, hard to find a good example, and would need a fair bit of work doing to make it competent around a track. I think a stripped cupra would provide unrivalled performance for the money.

But im interested to see what mork has to say, he may well pull a rabbit out the hat and surprise us all.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.