How much for a cordy ?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Nice to see its sold, i hope its gone to a good home, dont see many cordy coupés on the roads now.

I got mine for £1200 fully working 2.0 with FSH

I think the cordy seems to have a bit of an image problem, but i too am absolutely amased at the low prices they go for. I like its low key image, modded saxo drivers wonder wtf has just flown off :D

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Why are people selling these so cheaply????

An S reg coupe 2.0 16v for £1600 in perfect consition except a steering wheel, with fsh, 79k and the only mods are good ones that no one will mind having as a bonus if they bought the car!!:-o

A similar corrado which is the closest thing i can think of to a cordoba would go for loads more. VR6 corrados with leather are fetching £5k!!

I admit i paid £1k for mine with it needing a new gearbox and a service but it's a lot of car for the money, personally i wouldn't want to sell mine for less than £2k and it's only a 1.6 with 112k.

I think everyone should work out what they should sell their cordoba's for and add £500 on extra to the selling price.

Because that's what people will pay! Dealers all over try to sell them for £2k ( some more ) and they don't sell. The corrado has a large following, the cordy doesn't really, although it probably should. If you say VW Corrado to people they'll probably have a bit of an idea what it is. Say Seat Cordoba and they have no idea at all.

There is no way you could sell a 1.6 with over 100k on the clock for £2k, especially when you can buy a 2.0 16v for £500 less.

Pete

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
Because that's what people will pay! Dealers all over try to sell them for £2k ( some more ) and they don't sell. The corrado has a large following, the cordy doesn't really, although it probably should. If you say VW Corrado to people they'll probably have a bit of an idea what it is. Say Seat Cordoba and they have no idea at all.

There is no way you could sell a 1.6 with over 100k on the clock for £2k, especially when you can buy a 2.0 16v for £500 less.

Pete

Pete you hit the nail on the head

people are always asking us what is it?

then when you tell them and they say never seen one of those before

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
I really like the cordy coupe too...its something different. Shame we never got the mk3 :(

does anyone know if the handling is better balanced wit the coupe? I noticed when i had my bora that the boot made the car very predictable in corners, where my mk4 beeza tends to be VERY unpredictable...

not on topic this is it...sorry :)

JK

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
It feels ever so slightly grippyer than my MK2 Gti was, its still very good at kicking the back end out, but then again the cordy has bigger wheels and different tyres from my old ibiza so maybe thats the difference

Jan 8, 2006
Manchester
excellent stuff :)

with the bora...i knew that the back would come out nicely if i came off the throttle...was hoping would be the same wit cordy coupe. Did like the handling of my kiwi, and im glad the coupe will be even better... :)

still gutted i missed the sale of this one tho :(

keep ya eyes open for me guys

JK

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.