How old are you?

Mar 26, 2007
Norn Iron
I am 36 and have just ordered the FR TDI in Black Magic.

Got one in black magic last week, gorgus looking car, and nice driving too..

Its a pain in the arse to keep clean though, I polished it up again yesterday and the dust is sitting on it like a quarry at the minute :D

Gorgus when sparkling though..

markfranklin

Mar 24, 2007
Thanks for that Michael, I shall plan in plenty of car washes into the budget!

I picked black as I wanted metallic and my current car is grey so wanted a change. The FR has a a limited colour choice and I think it looks stunning in black (but they never show you one in the brochure that has not been washed for a couple of weeks).

LordElric

Aug 30, 2006
Chalkida,Greece
I am 30.I really dont agree with this age - car owning comparison.At my 22 i got an audi A3,at the same time many of my friends were getting cars like VW passat e.t.c.Its in the personnality and not in the age

HarryKatinnen

Guys
Im getting some some stick at work for choosing such a "young looking car"
(Leon FR TDi, Black, 18in alloys, Bluetooth, Armrest)
Comments like "are you having a mid life crisis" are being thrown around.
All very funny for the idiots making them, but its got me thinking -
At 43 am I too old to be driving this car?
I would be interested to here your ages and comments please.
Andy

Since passing the big 40 my cars have include a Subaru Impreza and the Leon TDI Sport. However about to sign the order on a new Civic Type R...if thats not having a mid life crisis I dont know what is[B)]

PS I'm 44

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
50 in february, still waiting for a delivery date for my Cupra, car built 03-04-07, but the dealer has no idea when it's due in Blighty...
Since 2000, I've driven Golf gti mk2, Corrado G60, Lupo Gti (2), Fiat Stilo Arbath, various test drives, so age has bugger all to do with it, it's down to your attitude (IMHO)...

pete_thom

man try owning a porsche boxster at 22 then moving onto a seat leon in the same year, I get slagged almost everyday.

bobmcgod

Jan 22, 2007
I'm 21. And don't drive a leon but that's not the point. My dad's 49 and 4 of the past 5 cars he's had have been 2 Alhambras a Sharon and now a Galaxy. And i must say i'm quite ashamed. :p I was hoping he'd get a Brand new Toyota Hilux Invincible. :D

pete_thom

my dads 51 and his last few cars were a sunbeam lotus, a lotus esprit v8, an audi rs6 and now he has a golf gti and a triumph stag ... now thats a midlife crisis lol

nutsucow

I'm 19 plus vat!! 2 leon's fr tfsi's golf 170tdi and a superchared Atom!! andd if thats not a mid life crisis,then i don't know what is!!

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
i don't think the bloke, well into his 50's, look sad cruising along in his amazing looking RS4 yesterday, it won't stop me, does Simon Cowell look sad in his Veyron ? or Rod Stewart in his Enzo ?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Some great comments guys, thanks, you have all helped take any doubts I had about making the wrong choice of car away, we know its a superb car and everyone else can go f*%$ themselves
this forum rocks.

:rocker: good on ya - with stubbourness like that you cant go wrong - hell ye :rocker:

36 btw 2.0 16v mk2 that should be a 1.4 with an 18yr old in it :):):)

rawr

25 in a few weeks - half way to 50 and I've never owned a car with more than 105bhp :(

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.