How stable is your idle - LCR?

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
Just wondered how much people revs moved when the car is idling? Mine moves a slight bit and I can hear a slight wo sometimes...only reason for asking is I get this slight kick when passing through 2k or coming off cometimes and dealer has replaced temp sender as that was faulty but Im wondering about the MAF as Im sure the car is down on power a bit?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If I've just come off a motorway or something and have gone from high speeds to stopped, it starts to search a tiny bit, but not much. With normal driving I've never noticed an uneven idle.

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
If I've just come off a motorway or something and have gone from high speeds to stopped, it starts to search a tiny bit, but not much. With normal driving I've never noticed an uneven idle.

Ta....mine wobbles slightly whether cold or hot...not a lot...but Im trying to link something with this little kick I get when I go gently through 2k revs....but that could be something boost related...odd.

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
Just wondered how much people revs moved when the car is idling? Mine moves a slight bit and I can hear a slight wo sometimes...only reason for asking is I get this slight kick when passing through 2k or coming off cometimes and dealer has replaced temp sender as that was faulty but Im wondering about the MAF as Im sure the car is down on power a bit?

My revs wobble by a tiny amount, barely noticeable on the dial, certainly not audibly.

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
I can hear mine hunting slightly...

Readings on the climate control display:

Cold: 1200 - 1260rpm

Warm: 660 - 720rpm

My LCR feels well down on power... Not sure if it's a dodgy MAF or something to do with the so called "standard" map that was put on when I had the dodgy APR map taken off.

Definately hasn't been the same since APR messed with it...

neilmac

Jul 12, 2006
Seems to be quite normal then for a tiny tiny bit of fluctuation, which is what I have. Ta for the replies/feedback.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
yep - mine hunts about a bit too (although it's an LC not an LCR)

I solved this problem a few years ago by replacing my MAF, but I fear my current MAF might now be on its way out as my car just doesn't feel like it's pulling as well as it did, and the idle is slowly getting worse again.

Which reminds me - I need to do a TB reset and battery disconnect.... cheers :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members