how to adjust washer jet

such

Feb 14, 2009
My wife has a 2004 1.9tdi, and the drivers side washer jet is spraying into the bottom of the screen. is it a simple case of sticking a pin in and redirecting the nozzle?

I looked, but could not see a little swivel ball type nozzle.

Thanks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You can just use your fingers to aim the jet body up/down, it's really easy as the jets are quite large and easy to get to.

They are fan jets and do not have a ball with a hole it it.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
on mine (mk4 cupra) the nozzles can be directed by either pushing the jet up or down. will try and get a picture some stage today to explain what i mean, but is really easy to do

such

Feb 14, 2009
wow, that was quick!:thumbup: I've managed to adjust the jet upwards using my finger, pretty obvious if you know how:D Thanks.

It seems that one of the jets are partially blocked as the jet is squirting on one side, not fanning. I have taken out and tried to clean with pin, but still the same. Have swapped them over so the good one is on the driver side. Due MOT soon, so will need to replace the other one.

Where's the best place for these jets?

Thanks again

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
my passenger side one isnt fanning properly either. its been cleared of gunk but my dad (VAG technician) tells me they do fail, just have to get a new one sometime. not expensive.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.