Hi Jonesy,

Where did you purchase your test clip and programmer,

Do you have a part number, as we know theses work

Regards Rob

moose999

Hi Jonesy,

This mentions both JDM and PonyProg:

w w w.ecrater.co.uk/p/4758201/simplified-e-eprom-programmer-for-pic-16f84-and

Also, it seems to have an 8-way connector on it, that I hope matches the 8 way on the test clip?

Thanks for your help,

Moose

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
ijmok... I work for a company who import from HK via 40ft container, this isn't the type of product we deal with, but I got one of my contacts to ship one over on a container, he said it was like $3, but it took a good few weeks to arrive! The one I have has NBGLIN.COM etched on the PCB and it can be seen here: http://www.nbglin.com/jdm.htm

Hi Jonesy,

This mentions both JDM and PonyProg:

w w w.ecrater.co.uk/p/4758201/simplified-e-eprom-programmer-for-pic-16f84-and

Also, it seems to have an 8-way connector on it, that I hope matches the 8 way on the test clip?

Thanks for your help,

Moose

That programmer is suitable for reading the eeprom (this particular stereo uses 24LC16 chip) I'd be wary of that one though, as although it may be ok for putting fresh IC's in to programme, or desoldering from the board, I wouldn't like to push the test clip cable in, as I think it'd risk bending the pins (they're very delicate).. see photo below

testclip2.jpg

I'd opt for something like what I've got. The socket is a ZIF type (Zero Insertion Force) - so you loosen the lever, pop it in, then clamp back up with the lever.

Something like the one I mention above, or this one below will be best.

FEZ877.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIC-MCU-JDM-P...ltDomain_0&hash=item230d7b34fc#ht_4495wt_1139

Last edited:

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
to use ponyprog, you need to first calibrate and setup the interface. You'll be prompted to do this once you've installed ponyprog.

click 'setup' > 'interface setup'

In the dialag box, make sure the radio-button is set to 'serial' and NOT 'parallel'

set the dropdown box to 'JDM API'

Select whichever com port the programmer is assigned to. If you not sure, check on device manager.

Once thats all ok'd and set up, on the main window, click 'setup' then 'calibaration' follow the prompts and click 'yes'

now to read the eeprom. Make sure the clip is firmly over the eeprom and is the correct orientation,so that pin numbers match.

on the 2 dropdown boxes, select "I2C Bus 8 bit eeprom" and "24Cxx Auto"

Click the furthest icon to the left on the second row of icons, (it's an image of a chip with an arrow pointing towards a document)

Thats your dump!

On the programmer, the 8pin eeprom chip utilises a different set of pins on the ZIF socket compared to a normal 8pin IC, so make sure you've got everything in the right place and the right orientation.

rosshenderson

Hi there!

Just to let everyone know that I have just tried downloading the Grundig WKC series Code Calculator v4.00 from a few sites, but each one seems to be infected by a virus - a Trojan Horse. Does anyone have a virus free link?

All the best

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise