How to fix this?

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Right well I think I should get my own section "guinness's car problems". Anyway a fault code I had the other day (01272)means there is a problem with the direction flap on my HVAC. Appartantly there may be something obscuring it or it may be broken or blocked meaning the servo moving it cannot operate properly. Where is this direction flap as Im clueless and has anyone had the same problem?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
It's a common thing with the Ibiza's. The little flap that turns in the climate control to direct the air gets stuck. The best way to sort it is to just keep moving it by pressing all the different buttons on your climate control and it might free it off a bit. It will still move, just a bit stiff. Mine came up as a fault when VAG COM was run after my remap.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
AFAIK my climate works perfectly but I remember seeing that sort of error code come up on a print out of my car at the stealers when I had my cruise control retrofitted

they said they all do it as the time tolerances for the motor to move from one position to the other are too small