how to remap an ibiza 70ps 12v

nrx2005

Jan 18, 2015
Hello ,

i would like to remap my ibiza 70ps 12v , people here only remap bmw cars and other big engines.... so i would like to do it by ly self

thanks for help

jellybabybandit

May 1, 2007
you would be lucky to get 3 - 5 bhp out of it i would say

not worth the mosy and you would hsrdly notice it

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
You want to remap a car by yourself??

You sound as if you don't have the first clue about what you're doing, so stop now before you **** it up.

Arkaig

Mar 1, 2014
Fife, Scotland
flickr.com
If I've learned anything from years on forums, it's that you'll always get shot down in flames for thinking outside the box, but it doesn't mean you should agree or follow with what people say.

Regardless, remapping a non-turbo engine is usually pointless, so I agree with the others; save the money and spend it on something better! The most you will gain is a change in driveability and possibly a change in fuel economy (and that means it could drop too).

You might gain a tiny improvement with a high performance air filter and exhaust.

If you really want a quicker 1.2 youd be better removing weight. Start with the spare wheel and any unwanted bits. Going to extremes you could pull off the A/C system and fit a shorter AUX belt.

Also, try running it on better fuel.

TBH I'd rather spend the money on suspension and tyres for better handling in corners.

RDD

Jan 8, 2015
Cheshire
If I've learned anything from years on forums, it's that you'll always get shot down in flames for thinking outside the box, but it doesn't mean you should agree or follow with what people say.

There's thinking outside the box and wanting to try new things/educating yourself and there's an exercise in futility (no knowledge of the software or what to actually mod, let alone any of the required hardware such as a rolling road, emissions etc etc etc!), I'm thinking this is the latter ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members