huge water problem! HELP!

nathan0711

my 04 ibiza mk4 has a puddle of water in the rear passenger footwell, what could be the cause? is it common? i have already checked the bungs in the chassis and there is no problems there.

scoobsta1990

does the rear washer work? if it don't the washer pipe may have come off behind the boot lid.
hope this helps.

nathan0711

no it doesnt work actually. but wouldnt that cause the water to be in the boot? its only the passenger footwell in the rear thats wet, everywhere else is bone dry. i just wondered if a water drain ran down there or something?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
the rear washer jet pipe has a few joins in it so dont rule it out as its the most common

nathan0711

ok then, i'll get carpet up and have a look i rekon because its pretty bad back there.

nathan0711

ive just had a quick look and the water pisses out the screenwash bottle, pump area when i work the rear washer so i think the pipe is broken/off at the front so wouldnt have thought it would be that, wouldnt get back there i wouldnt have thought. i dont know though lol what do you rekon?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
ive just had a quick look and the water pisses out the screenwash bottle, pump area when i work the rear washer so i think the pipe is broken/off at the front so wouldnt have thought it would be that, wouldnt get back there i wouldnt have thought. i dont know though lol what do you rekon?

quite possibly know the crappy washer hose design

nathan0711

ok then, i'll get it looked at tomorrow at college and let you know the cause. cheers

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
They tend to pop off on more tha one place, there is a connection point behind the n/s/r 1/4 panel inside if its a 3 dr.

scoobsta1990

no it doesnt work actually. but wouldnt that cause the water to be in the boot? its only the passenger footwell in the rear thats wet, everywhere else is bone dry. i just wondered if a water drain ran down there or something?

sorry for some reason i thought you meant bootwell, anyway id look at putting jubilee clips round all three as one has come off now.

ones under the abs control unit and the other in the boot lid.

hope i was of some help!:D

Bondiblu

Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2007
Cheshire
A very likely cause in the seal on the door skin on the passanger side. If you remove the outer door card, under that is a skin that holds the window mech and stuff in place, I retightened all the bolts and put some odourless silicon around the bottom of this. It sorted my problem out. A new seal can be obtained from the dealers though. This happened on my 52 Plate 130 TDI Sport.