I found 2021 maps for the Garmin Portable System

LJamH

Mar 16, 2022
You need to make an account,
Then skip the garage section,
Then go to Topics
Then Map updates
Then select the VW Up
As that car uses the same Garmin PID as the Ibiza it'll auto select.
Then you can choose whichever region you wish.
Extract the Zip files onto a 4gb-8gb SD card. (it wont work with higher capacity SD cards)
Then insert the SD card into the PID and connect to a charger with a minimum of 1a.
Then follow the onscreen instructions (just note it takes a while)
Also its not just a map update, it updates the OS and Firmware.

I hope this helps someone
PS at the bottom of the region page there's a download for a PDF with more detailed instructions

Dec 8, 2022
Thanks LJamH, i just want to confirm is just update the Map and Frameware but the Logo of seat will stay the same.

Is there huge differnnce at the Frameware and OS ?

Reactions: LJamH

LJamH

Mar 16, 2022
Thanks LJamH, i just want to confirm is just update the Map and Frameware but the Logo of seat will stay the same.

Is there huge differnnce at the Frameware and OS ?
Yea the logo will stay the same. Mine stayed as seat. I believe the logo can be changed by editing a text file stored on the satnav.

The software doesn’t change too much. There’s a new app called eco trainer which doesn’t work for me.

What I noticed was Bluetooth music seems to work better as before for me the music was always too quiet however that seems to have been fixed.

Dec 8, 2022
Yea the logo will stay the same. Mine stayed as seat. I believe the logo can be changed by editing a text file stored on the satnav.

The software doesn’t change too much. There’s a new app called eco trainer which doesn’t work for me.

What I noticed was Bluetooth music seems to work better as before for me the music was always too quiet however that seems to have been fixed.
Hiya Mate, i have updated and worked perfectly the only thing that looking around is perofrmance display just to be able to show the Speedometer in Mile with Big display.

Did you be able to do so ?
1670837382017.png

LJamH

Mar 16, 2022
Hiya Mate, i have updated and worked perfectly the only thing that looking around is perofrmance display just to be able to show the Speedometer in Mile with Big display.

Did you be able to do so ? View attachment 34771
I'm not going to lie to you mate, my Garmin doesn't have that app , in fact it never has. I wish I could help you but I've never seen that screen. A guy in my work has an FR I can ask him if he can help.

Oct 2, 2020
Perfect! Thanks for posting. All updated just need a little patience when updating. Think mine took about 30mins or so. Haven’t got the speedometer app as above either. Everything seems to work as it did before - only change for me I guess is updated maps. I’m going to keep my eye on that link on the VW website incase of any further updates.

thanks again

Darbleberry

Darbleberry
Jun 1, 2015
You need to make an account,
Then skip the garage section,
Then go to Topics
Then Map updates
Then select the VW Up
As that car uses the same Garmin PID as the Ibiza it'll auto select.
Then you can choose whichever region you wish.
Extract the Zip files onto a 4gb-8gb SD card. (it wont work with higher capacity SD cards)
Then insert the SD card into the PID and connect to a charger with a minimum of 1a.
Then follow the onscreen instructions (just note it takes a while)
Also its not just a map update, it updates the OS and Firmware.

I hope this helps someone
PS at the bottom of the region page there's a download for a PDF with more detailed instructions
This is awesome, thanks! I've downloaded and attached the instructions from VW if anyone wants to check them out.

Attachments

• garminManual-en.pdf
    442.6 KB · Views: 472
Sep 5, 2023
Hello I've downloaded and unzipped, put on a card and put in sat nav but when I turn it on it just boots up as normal, can anyone help please

Dec 8, 2021
Hello I've downloaded and unzipped, put on a card and put in sat nav but when I turn it on it just boots up as normal, can anyone help please
Had exactly the same with mine, couldn't get it to work for me despite multiple attempts. I previously paid £50 for the last factory update but its no longer supported so i just gave up & bought a tom tom, far superior lol

Oct 2, 2020
Is the SD card totally empty and just got the maps files on?
I’d double check the SD card is actually clicked into the Garmin properly. I then fired it up in my car and it did the rest.

Mar 16, 2024
Hi, Has anyone had any problems with this bricking the device. I have downloaded and updated the device. the update ran fine and came to the touchscreen setup, went through this fine, then says cant run UpdateMeContent. Its now stuck in a loop and if I remove memory card just loads contact customer support screen. Does anyone have the original link to the old software, rather have the old out of date maps than a paperweight.

Mar 16, 2024
Hi, Has anyone had any problems with this bricking the device. I have downloaded and updated the device. the update ran fine and came to the touchscreen setup, went through this fine, then says cant run UpdateMeContent. Its now stuck in a loop and if I remove memory card just loads contact customer support screen. Does anyone have the original link to the old software, rather have the old out of date maps than a paperweight.
To update, I have fixed this issue. The comp I used did not have view file extension on, so the UpdateMeContent in the download from VW file is named as UpdateMeContent.content
This needs manually changing to UpdateMeContent.exe

LJamH

Mar 16, 2022
To update, I have fixed this issue. The comp I used did not have view file extension on, so the UpdateMeContent in the download from VW file is named as UpdateMeContent.content
This needs manually changing to UpdateMeContent.exe
Glad to hear you fixed it. I’ve had an issue with one satnav which wouldn’t take the update. After I found the maps my mates and some coworkers borrowed my SD card to do it. Nobody had an issue other than ironically a VW up which just refused to update. So we had to leave it alone.

Apr 1, 2024
Hi guys, the link doesn't seem to work for me. Does anyone have an up to date link for the download please?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.