I gave up on Seat Leon...

orion69

Apr 15, 2015
Last year I went several times to Seat dealer (Croatia) to reserve a test drive. More than 6 months later they couldn't manage to find me a test vehicle...
So I went to Mazda, few days later test drove the Mazda 3, liked the car and ordered M3 G165.

Do you have similar experience in your countries with Seat?

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
What were you after for a test drive? Never had a problem except when I wanted to try CUPRA, that took some time to get one as its very popular down here and most demos are bought right away by someone.

shadak

Feb 13, 2014
Sorry to hear that, it may be something about getting demo cars down to Croatia I dunno ... hope you enjoy Mazda anyway, I kinda like the looks, actually looked at them before ordering a 290 but they just didnt have anything that fast.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Totally different experience here in Bulgaria. Last time I wanted to appoint a test drive with Mazda I was told I had to wait for a month and a half... On the other hand Seat were always really responsive and the fact I have a second SEAT speaks for itself. When I purchased my previous Leon, it wasn't my primary choice. I actually considered Ford, Mazda, Alfa Romeo, Volvo, Peugeot, Citroen, Kia... All those weren't interested in selling me a car actually. The KIA guys were the most arrogant of all. I asked for a discount and the guy responded very sarcastically like "This is a brand new model, on what bases do you request a discount!?". When I finally went into the SEAT dealership, the very first thing they said to me at the door was "Hi, welcome, we will give you a 15% discount on whatever car you like". I know that's mostly marketing gimmick to have initially high prices and always offer a discount but it's all about attitude, isn't it? Plus, the SEAT service (oil, filters, etc.) is the least expensive when I compare it to what my other colleagues driving other car brands pay.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Here in Scotland I have had a couple of good dealers and they not always had the Cupras as test cars, but let me take them away for almost the whole day for extended testing.:happy::happy::happy:

ActionScript

Mar 10, 2016
I had a good experience when it came to test driving, I rang Seat on Friday and had a test drive booked for the next day in the afternoon. I'd think your problem was probably just this dealer or as others have said, maybe it's getting the cars to Croatia.

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
My local dealer weren't much use, sales guy didn't even bother to look away from his screen when I asked about a car on their forecourt. Lost any potential business straight away.

Tried another one a bit further away and they were really helpful, set up a test drive etc. Was a shame they couldn't get anywhere near the broker price I got through DriveTheDeal as their price was £4k cheaper for the same car but will be going there for servicing so they'll get some business from the deal.

Honda were the worst for me, really arrogant about their pricing and perceived place in the market "we're in the premium market now like BMW"... delusions of grandeur I think there.

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
BTW, the Mazda 3 is a really good choice, congarts! IMO the current Mazdas are probably among the best looking cars, especially the 6. But I never got to drive one... What I've seen in the reviews is the noise insulation would be better, otherwise nothing to complain and great cars to drive. Personally I am not very keen on NA petrols though. I am so delighted by the two TSI-s I've driven so I can't imagine I'd go again with NA engine. Wouldn't buy a diesel too. I hope Mazda will bring turbocharged petrols again (they had great DISI turbo engine if I remember correctly in the previous Mazdaspeed3).

Last edited:

ivanman636

the-man
Apr 14, 2016
Last year I went several times to Seat dealer (Croatia) to reserve a test drive. More than 6 months later they couldn't manage to find me a test vehicle...
So I went to Mazda, few days later test drove the Mazda 3, liked the car and ordered M3 G165.

Do you have similar experience in your countries with Seat?

what part of croatia are u from?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.