ibiza 1.8t 150 remap

bolton

hey new to the forum n new to the ibiza aswell, looking to get an induction kit (purely for sound.. sad i know) and a remap, been lookin on sites n seen 192 pretty standard result!? does the car maintain its reliability with a remap, and ive heard the they dont like cone air filters!? just basicaly want it mainly reliable but bit faster n louder..... :) cheers matt

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
hey new to the forum n new to the ibiza aswell, looking to get an induction kit (purely for sound.. sad i know) and a remap, been lookin on sites n seen 192 pretty standard result!? does the car maintain its reliability with a remap, and ive heard the they dont like cone air filters!? just basicaly want it mainly reliable but bit faster n louder..... :) cheers matt

Hey Matt welcome to the forum :funk:

With regards to tuning your car stage one maps offer a big increase to the stock 150 you'd be looking at around the 200 mark on average there's a few choices for a good remap I myself have gone revo but there's custom code p-torque etc just look around the spnsors pages most of them offer some kind of remap for the standard car keeping it nice and reliable.

Cone filter I have my self along with a few others works well with a forge 007p dv gives the dumping sound along with turbo spool noise

Deleted member 13581

1st of all, welcome to the forum Matt.

Most change the intake to a Cupra intake. Its 10cm wide compared to the 6cm wide intake you have on your car just now. Along with this most replace the panel filter with a Green Panel or Pipercross filter and as said above the Forge 007p Dump Valve.

Theres just been an FR remapped to over 200bhp with stage 1, so you should see that anyway.

The next stage is exhaust and Front Mount Intercooler and a Stage 2 custom map to make the most of these mods.

bolton

Okay cheers for the help, think im going for a k&N open cone filter (next week), the forge dv shortly... what do u rate to the forge recirculator with the blow off, seen it on few sites to work with the vag engine, and where can i get hold of the cupra intake a mate suggested this but havent been able to source one... my epc light came on aswel looked at few posts n figured out brake lights not working lol, try get replacement brake light switch tmz. cheers matt

Deleted member 13581

Cupra intake can be got at your dealers.

Its quite expensive now but heres th part numbers you will need.

Hose: 6LL129618

Adapter: 6LL129621

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forum mate! I have an Ibiza 20vt (150) too... I have fitted a Halfrauds universal open cone filter and a Forge 007p recirc valve (in reverse). They make a really nice sound: you can hear the turbo huffing and puffing and the valve dumping air back into the intake! :)

I have just had a P-Torque Stage 1 remap.... and the results are amazing! :funk: Ran 229bhp on the rollers after the remap (it was -2 degrees though....:p)

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Okay cheers for the help, think im going for a k&N open cone filter (next week), the forge dv shortly... what do u rate to the forge recirculator with the blow off, seen it on few sites to work with the vag engine, and where can i get hold of the cupra intake a mate suggested this but havent been able to source one... my epc light came on aswel looked at few posts n figured out brake lights not working lol, try get replacement brake light switch tmz. cheers matt

If your going for the open cone filter it would be pretty pointless to get the cupra intake as it's for the standard air box

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Also I presume your talking about the forge splitter r Its a great bit of kit if you want the dumping noise however if yr going cone filter you won't need it as the 007p with the cone gives you the dumping noise the splitter r does

bolton

Also I presume your talking about the forge splitter r Its a great bit of kit if you want the dumping noise however if yr going cone filter you won't need it as the 007p with the cone gives you the dumping noise the splitter r does

yea thts the one, got k&n cone filter sounds better already!!.. replaced the brake light switch.. next on list is the 007p then! cheers for ur help.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.