Ibiza Coding

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
Anyone used OBD/Carista on their new ibiza? What have you activated?
Also can you activate mirror dip in reverse ?
I have used OBD. I have activated, mirrors fold in 1 click. Beep on lock and unlock. Dial needle sweep, park assist to come on the screen when activate reverse.

I have struggled to find the mirror dip.

FYI I have the FR. I believe lower specs use the horn on lock and unlock which isn't great.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jonathan Bassett

Oct 18, 2018
I’ll be giving it ago on my FR Sport when it arrives. I’ve looked to see what can be done and there’s a fair bit to be honest. Especially compared to my current Citigo!

Reactions: Jack Newman

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
From what I've read, the mirror dip isn't a feature on these cars so it won't work. Happy to be proven wrong though.

I turned on the needle sweep, turned off the seat belt alarm, activated the one-click-mirror-close, have fan speed displayed in auto mode and also changed the coming home lights to come on when I lock the car not when I open the door. Have since put some things back though as I'm expecting the car to go in for servicing soon and don't want them noticing enough irregularities to raise questions.

EVOII

Aug 21, 2018
I have activated mirror dip in reverse with vcds. You can activate it in the car menu now, but it don't work. The mirror go down a very little but don't return in his original position. Useless.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
I have used OBD. I have activated, mirrors fold in 1 click. Beep on lock and unlock. Dial needle sweep, park assist to come on the screen when activate reverse.

I have struggled to find the mirror dip.

FYI I have the FR. I believe lower specs use the horn on lock and unlock which isn't great.

How did you get the park assist to come on screen? I have no option for that in carista? Neither the reverse mirror dip...

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
How did you get the park assist to come on screen? I have no option for that in carista? Neither the reverse mirror dip...
Give this a go
43f3b3a27cb90aa74432aca69bd7e987.jpg

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Give this a go
43f3b3a27cb90aa74432aca69bd7e987.jpg

What’s that on? My carista app looks nothing like that. Just options to enable/ disable things. If it’s not showing then I can’t do anything (like optical parking assist) unless it’s on the developers menu option? Or beta mode? Thanks for the reply!

Jack Newman

Sep 17, 2018
What’s that on? My carista app looks nothing like that. Just options to enable/ disable things. If it’s not showing then I can’t do anything (like optical parking assist) unless it’s on the developers menu option? Or beta mode? Thanks for the reply!
That's how to enable it when using OBD11. They are the steps I followed to activate it.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
That's how to enable it when using OBD11. They are the steps I followed to activate it.

Oh okay, I’m using carista not OBD11 so that’ll probably be why. I’ve emailed carista asking if they do a beta version still maybe that will have more options. However I’ve done all the things I wanted so can’t complain :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I enabled needle sweep in my Fabia with Carista. I wonder if I'll be able to do the same with my Ibiza when it arrives, as it'll have the digital dash!

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
Well coded for the needle sweep and sometimes it does it and other times it doesn't. weird
Likewise. I've been trying to work out if it's because sometimes I turn the key too fast, or the parking sensors come on, or my phone is plugged in, or any other random thing, but I don't drive often enough to test it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.