Ibiza Coding

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I understand very well what you are saying, so let's see if you understand me:
  • Almost everything (90%-95%) of what can be done with VCDS can also be done with OBDeleven without extra purchases (i.e. credits)
  • If you have the instructions on how to enable VIM/Mirrorlink via VCDS, you can follow them to do the same thing in OBDeleven without credits purchase
  • ...if you don't know what you need to do to enable it, you need to use the app and buy the credits (which, BTW, you can gain daily just by opening the OBDeleven app)
  • VIM/Mirrorlink with or without app cannot be enabled in most recent cars since VAG made changes and it seems currently it is not possible to defeat.
If you have instructions on how to enable that via VCDS, I am all ears - if the OBDeleven app creators know how to do it and wish to charge for it, it is a matter of how much you are willing to pay, but don't misrepresent the app or the use case just because you do not understand how it works.

...if you are looking to get video playing on the car screen, I would suggest you give a look at AA Mirror (you need a rooted Android phone for it to work) which will mirror the whole phone (and of course, whatever is playing on it) via Android Auto. No need to code anything on the car that way.

Friend i also verry well know what you say.
Check my fb or insta: vagcomdordrecht i code a lot of cars.

I only mean obd11 is more for people who use it for some options. Most time they dont use longcoding or adaptions settings to change. Because credits is easyer. I have a lot of people evt came to me because they had some proplems .
Yes i know obd11 use scrips with credits and a lot of people use this. But then there is a fault they dont know what has changed in the longcoding or adaption settings. Maybe if you code of without credits you mean but like a say most people use credits because they dont know it. Only the people with more knowledge use it.

Vim/mirrorlink is not a longcoding or adaptions settings because this is a change in parameters... thats why it cant be done with vcds(some audi mmi2/3g can be done with vcds btw.) this only can be done with vagcanpro(i use for vim)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Just to add to this,

OBD11 Was able to do VIM on the older Audi cars as well both by doing it yourself or using credits.

With regards to people not knowing what has changed I am afraid this is just a sign of the modern user.
If they have read the OBD11 / VW / SEAT/ SKODA User Forum's they will know to do a backup of all modules before making changes.

If they use a app to make a change the Long Coding changes as well as App used are recorded in the history file (you can copy and paste the string to revert in 2 seconds) and with regards to Adaption changes just compare previous history vs current (which is on line even when not connected to the car) so again very easy to work out what changes have been applied.

I would also suggest that this product sits between Carista and VCDS and does a lot of both, I think you will be surprised how many VCDS users also use OBD11 to do a lot of stuff (based on what i have seen on here and facebook) but it does not matter in reality because if people did not mess stuff up then you would not have that stream of business.

Reactions: at0ny and Jaco2k
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members