ibiza cupra Decat?

Dan_Cupra

Nov 20, 2008
when i get my new exhaust fitted im thinkin about a decat..however will any problems occur and will the engine management light come on as it has 2 lamba sensors. Cheers Dan

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
it most likely will unless you have the second lambda mapped out with a remap (like i have done)

not enitrely true

there is a couple of threads on this.
Running decat doesn;t necessarily bring problems. You just have to make sure that the second sensor (after cat) doesn't sit inside the hole too deep, or it will read rich...and run lean. If thats the case weld a bolt on top of the hole and stick the sensor in that.

you will fail MOT but thats the price you need to pay.

Mat

i was thinking this.

know someone who will pass MOT. forget about the lamba sensor. May just opt for sports cat

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
I agree if you can afford it get a sports cat. For me is quite a bit of money, and I'm fine with changing it once a year. For now at least.

got plenty other thing I need to finance for the car.. :)

Mat

know someone who will pass mot? what you mean by that?

they will probably do my emissions on another car

when the 1.4 was in for MOT, they told me to come collect. When I got there, they was using my car to pass a scooby with a decat ;)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
they will probably do my emissions on another car

when the 1.4 was in for MOT, they told me to come collect. When I got there, they was using my car to pass a scooby with a decat ;)

wouldn;t count on that happening too often mat. Well at least here in netherlands I really tried in several places to get it through with decat, however they lose their licenses if they get caught, plus the government does random checks.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Random checks are on the rise in teh UK. Now it's computerised they know exactly what car is being tested - and DO walk round the corner & check...

Mat

yeah, i was speaking to the lad telling me how things are changing

for example. if you get advisory on balding tyres and police pull you, you can play the dumbass. In future, the police can see your advisories and tell the offender that they was told and knew something needed to be done

as for passing emissions (and other things), there will always be people trying to con the system.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Random checks are on the rise in teh UK. Now it's computerised they know exactly what car is being tested - and DO walk round the corner & check...

exactly, before in the netherlands it wasn't computerized, however now they know exactly which car and do make their choices according to those cars (although they say its random.... ;) Probably just as random as when I lived in Singapore and my school did 'random' drug tests and all the Dutch people were ALWAYS there pissing in the cup hahahaha

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.