Ibiza Cupra Front End Swap

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
So, next few bits sorted. Looking forward to taking this build into the new year and get the bigger things sorted!

de922b0c707f1c4d41da5e3ca9b9866b.jpg

Test fitted my old gaiter on after swapping the gear knob, fits kinda okay but definitely gonna need to sort a proper one. As well as needing to sort the surround too, the list gets bigger.

39583ab4f06a5727947704f347f0364b.jpg

Today’s mod was the RTMG Turbo Intake pipe, courtesy of the Mrs. What I thought would be straight forward really wasn’t, definitely a knack to getting it in proper. In the end a bit of elbow grease and back and forth sorted it, just no more engine cover for now.

Got some mechanical stuff coming up to start the year, new steering knuckle and wishbone to sort so that will be knocked out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e_cupra

Apr 19, 2020
This has been a long time coming, finally found and fixed the vacuum leak which also diagnosed another problem I had sorta noticed too.

a4db44362ed164dfe971bdae662acf16.jpg

So this was a part of the vacuum line that ran into the Brake Servo and provides the feel behind the brake pedal and makes it easier to push the pedal in for harder braking. I did notice the pedal was extremely hard as well as the car having a lumpy idle once it got to temperature.

ecdd98b235ccab55b6410bcc71eafbe9.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn’t find the original vacuum line for a decent price so I ended up finding a cheap one on eBay that at least had the connector that fits onto the brake servo. So after heating up the pipe I got it off and then fitted it onto some 10mm inner diameter silicone vacuum hose. I did debate getting something with a little more colour but I will leave that for the future.

Overall it was an easy fix that has solved the rough idle and the brake pressure issue too, and all for £20 can’t argue at all. No pictures of the completed line but I may update the other lines to the silicone hose as it is much longer lasting and more serviceable that the OEM stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.