Ibiza cupra tdi 160 high idle

Cuprajoep

Mar 14, 2015
Hi, I have an Ibiza cupra tdi pd 160, recently it has started idling high arrond 1000 rpm. I have replaced the coolant temp sensor, tried a different throttle pedal which I know is good, there are no faults in the ecu, I had the scanner connected looking at live data, the throttle pedal is at 0%, the coolant temp is at 91 so it isn't cold start, any help would be appreciated.:help:

Last edited:

Cuprajoep

Mar 14, 2015
Not yet, funnily enough I was thinking that last night, and no it's not using oil, I will let you know about the maf

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
slightly sticking throttle pedal? Try lifting it and depressing it when the fault occurs, it won't show a fault.
could also be the coolant temp sensor.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Apologies for completely skipping the first post! :s

Does your battery light come on with the ignition? or does the battery light come on at all?

Cuprajoep

Mar 14, 2015
Comes on when the ignition is turned on and goes out instantly when started, ib had the battery tested and had the altinator tested

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
engine speed is governed by the amount of fuel injected and only uses the amount of air it requires so an air leak is an unlikely cause.
A sensor on the intake could be the cause such as the maf or map but you'd only know by swapping them for known good ones.
also a fault with the vacuum system that allows the turbo to be prematurely activated, thus turning faster than intended on idle and could raise the idle speed.

Last edited:

Jonnyaye

Nov 14, 2017
Belfast
Sorry to dig up an old thread. My current pd160 has just started with this issue aswell. Going to 1k revs and down to 800/850 every time I start it in the morning. It’s fine when it warms up however, after a drive to work etc. Tried unplugging the MAF and also checking fault memory, no stored faults. I’m baffled as surely If there was an issue with a vacuum line or boost hose it would be constantly hunting? Any help appreciated lads.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.