Ibiza Cupra TDi brake discs, whats the real story?

spidermonkey

I'm in need of new front discs and pads for my beeza Cupra TDi and have been looking around to see if I can get some upgrades ordered online as I have a mate who is a mechanic and will fit them for me.

I've gone to a few places I've used before with my previous car incarnations as well as going direct to the brake manufacturer websites but when you put in all the information in the search engines etc why is it that they have both the Cupra 1.8T and the TDi PD160 listed with brake discs that are 288mm?

I was under the impression that the Cupra brakes were the 312mm TT brakes from AP Racing, correct? :blink:

Any help much appreciated on getting the correct discs!

Thurman

Jan 28, 2008
Sorry to hijack the thread >>>> I've got a Mk4 Fr TDI on std brakes. Its due for a 40,000 mile service on Thursday and I think the discs and Pads have had it!! As you all know the car is a touch under-braked as std, apart from replacing the std pads - which I want to try to avoid - what are my options? I've read a few posts re 312mm upgrade (Gof Turbo), but can't seem to find the site recently. Any ideas guys??

Dec 16, 2007
Gloucester/Cheltenham
do it! get standard calipers + carriers off, leon, tt, octavia etc then some 312mm discs and pads. if you have to replace discs and pads anyway its not much more expensive for the amount of gains. Im running completely standard 312mm setup... done about 300miles on it... today i first gev them some hammering and christ... from high speed to nothing in no time at all! save your butt if your doing silly speeds and have to hammer the brakes... or even driving like your on a track... whacking the gas on and then having to hammer the brake.

best upgrade :d.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
Alot of sites have the wrong info for the mk4 Cupras for some reason, I noticed that when looking. They are 312mm on the front. Ask Badger5 Bill about brake parts...I got some standard EBC discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads and it stops even better than stock now :) A couple of us have had a nightmare fitting them tho with stuck caliper pins and the like, so give yourself plenty of time!

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Alot of sites have the wrong info for the mk4 Cupras for some reason, I noticed that when looking. They are 312mm on the front. Ask Badger5 Bill about brake parts...I got some standard EBC discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads and it stops even better than stock now :) A couple of us have had a nightmare fitting them tho with stuck caliper pins and the like, so give yourself plenty of time!

I use the EBC set up with the DS2500's too, and think its a quality setup.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
The discs are 312mm and fitted to the MK1 TT, S3, Leon Cupra 1.8T and Octavia vRS.

The calipers and pads aren't the same as the TT, they're actually the same as the Clio V6, most TVRs and the Noble M12!

Gazb

Mar 6, 2007
Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Are you still using the standard brake hoses or have you got braided ones to help you get the last out of the brakes should you need it?

orange

Jun 9, 2006
I've Goodridge brake lines with TT 312mm on the front and standard Ibiza on the rear.

Part numbers:

TAU0601-2FP
TVW0607-2MP

Cheers,
:)

Aimez

Yep!

I've personally posted it loads of times (I was the first one to do 312s on an Ibiza) but I guess they've disappeared now :confused:

So mr 312 god!

So only the Mk 1 audi TT and the other cars you said calipers will fit??
I will have to go to a scrap yard I think as no one sells them separately or they charge the earth! Do you know if I take the hoses also from whatever car I get them from if they will fit the ibiza?