Ibiza Cupra TDi remap

IbiFR

Hello ladies & gents,

Pardon me if this question has been asked a million times but I've had a quick search and can't really find anything that answers the question....

I'm wanting to remap my Ibiza but as it's the PD160 engine, will it be able to withstand extra power/torque etc or is it already on its design limit so to speak? If it was the 130 or something I wouldn't be too fussed but as it's the most powerful factory version is it safe to upgrade the power further?

Also, the standard suspension set up is harsh to say the least.....does anyone have uprated shocks/springs etc & do they improve the ride quality?

Cheers,

Andy :)

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Mine is on a Performance torque stage one map, been running fine for a week. Only weak point can be the clutch, but there rated to 300- 330 ib/ft. All i can say is, the extra power is absolutely worth it, not just the extra speed, but the added smoothness of the way it drives, totally different car.

dyno2.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
It'll be fine, mine is so far.

If your clutch is in good condition at the moment and your not planning on multiple race starts, it should be fine on a remap. Everything else, engine wise will be fine too. Your tyres will probably take the biggest hit!

Not sure about your suspension query.

cupra1981r

hi!

i have 2004 cupra tdi. had a custom map at jabba last march time. wanted to keep standard clutch to save money so had 'conservative' map (192bhp/307lb ft).

car had done bout 40k at this point. got to xmas last year and clutch started slipping bit on boost. its not soo bad now weather has got warmer but still needs to be changed. it did about 7.5k before it went. so its a bit hit and miss, i've heard peoples clutch slipping the next day!!

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Mine is on a Performance torque stage one map, been running fine for a week. Only weak point can be the clutch, but there rated to 300- 330 ib/ft. All i can say is, the extra power is absolutely worth it, not just the extra speed, but the added smoothness of the way it drives, totally different car.

dyno2.jpg

How long did you have the cupra before the remap?

d.kenny

i had a 130 brake chipped to 200brake and 300foot pound of torque...thing was animal just occasionally blew boost pipes off so put jubilee clips everywhere...160 brake already has jubilee clips just dont hammer it like a petrol and it will be fine...power through the gears dont change down

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
Bought my Cupra TDI from new, waitied until I had done 6k then got a Custom Code 195bhp map.

Now clocked uo 68k miles on original clutch, no problems, no slipping.

veedub1981

Hi peeps

whats the most bhp and torque you can get out of a pd160 with a filter,turbo back stainless exhaust (decat)and a uprated clutch.

i read that alot of people have a map that doesn't munch there clutch but still get around 200bhp which means theres more torque and bhp to be had out of it with an uprated clutch and other mods.

I dont really want to go down the gtb2260 route because of cost.

great_kahn

Spooge
Nov 19, 2009
Leicestershire

dyno2.jpg

He he, old post. Car still running fine 50k later.

Hi peeps

whats the most bhp and torque you can get out of a pd160 with a filter,turbo back stainless exhaust (decat)and a uprated clutch.

i read that alot of people have a map that doesn't munch there clutch but still get around 200bhp which means theres more torque and bhp to be had out of it with an uprated clutch and other mods.

I dont really want to go down the gtb2260 route because of cost.

On stock turbo, stage one map is about your limit. Your just throwing money at minimal gains without changing the turbo for a hybrid or bigger one.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Well mine was remapped by Jabba sport to 195 bhp And the lower torque of 290lbft was remapped at 20k and now it's at 52k on standerd clutch no slip as of yet and driven hard most the time.
Replaced 1x boost pipe Aprat from that it's all been good

John11367

May 20, 2005
43k on mine mapped now for around 10k. Running 198 bhp and 308 lb/ft, clutch so far is 100% and I'd have a heavy right foot at times!

Suspension wise I'm running standard springs and koni FSD shocks, pricey but an excellent setup imo, good handling plus rides really well, not crashy or harsh like standard at all. One word of warning though, if you do go for FSDs I wouldn't lower, when I first fitted them I also had eibach pro springs (something like a 25mm drop) and it was crap, thumped and banged over everything! Put the standards back in and its amazing now so even though koni say you can lower, I wouldn't.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members