Ibiza fail to start ocasionally immob???

dewyuk

Hi iam new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could help me.Basically i have recently purchased a 03 seat ibiza 1.4 sport and very ocasionally it will fail to start (just turns over) it seems to happen when the car has been unlocked for a period of time,the most recent time it happend i locked the car up and left it for 5-10 minutes and after a few turns it started.I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or if that is the norm with the immobiliser..ive gotta say though when im turning it and it doesnt go i tend to get a little whiff of petrol.unfortunately i dont have an owners manual so ive no idea how the immob system works..cheers Andy:cry:

joewl92

Normally if its the immobiliser it starts for a second or two, then just cuts out.
Cheers

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
i've had this on my old car. If you lock the car then unlock it again does it fire up straight away?

joop200789

Jul 5, 2009
Barnsly
does your clocks have six dials? because they are known to get a dry soldered joints on back of the clocks and cause intermitant immob problems.(my tdi sport did they same thing till i fixed it)

when you try to start you car and it does this. turn your igniton off push with your left hand on the clocks roughly on 120mph then turn you igntion back on it should turn the immob off.there a green connecter block smack behind there which generally cuase the problem and you make the contact by pushing this.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members