Ibiza Fog Lamps!

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
HI
I have a 1999 T Ibiza Mk2 1.4 s. I want to stick some fog lamps on it and I figure that the ones I have found on ebay will probably fit?

50_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEAT-IBIZA-FOG-LAMP-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ330041044811QQihZ014QQcategoryZ100918QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Though looking at ibiza gti's there seems to be some sort of plastic grill to hold the lamps which the ones on ebay do not appear to come with! Will this be a problem and will I have to find some of them as well?

Also will there be alot of difficulty wiring the lamps up?

Any help appreciated!

Mckellar

heres a pic of my front bumper, the 2 plastic textured "flaps" at the side def do come off, ive had them off before, they just click into place.

same again, as for wiring, thats where the tricky sh!t comes into play, and dont quote me but i think if u have fogs, to pass an MOT they need to be connected up? i duno! what i heard somewhere.

PICT0241.jpg

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
My other thought was that I could get an aftermarket set and just drill a hole in the "textured flaps" and mount them in their? Might be easier and they would probs come with a wiring set and instructions? I reckon thats probably my best bet!

LoneWolf

Fog Lamps

The fog lamps have 2 screws which will affix to the bumper. You'll need to get the flat nuts (standard behind-the-dashboard ones) which'll allow you to screw the foglamps in. The plastic surrounds are typically available on e-bay or from the stealers.

As for wiring, unless you're prepared to rig up a new switch yourself, you'll need to get a light switch (again from e-bay or from the stealer) which will work the front fogs - the standard light switch pulls out once to operate the rear fog lights .The one you need pulls once to operate the front fogs and a second time for the rear. You will also need to buy a wiring loom from the stealer to wire everything up.

Might be worth just rigging your own switch though, as the new light-switch on it's own is £60-odd from the stealer!

Hope this helps

ibiza_streg

Oct 23, 2006
Cornwall
I didn't buy them in the end! I was only really interested when they were gunna cost me tenna but I think they went for like £50.
If I do get round to doing it then I'll buy some after market ones and mount them on the lower grill!

f17th

was a 1999 2.0 8v gti
Aug 13, 2006
West Sussex
As for wiring them up.

Just buy yourself a little latching switch from Farnell or Maplin, And fit that into the panels where you have the leccy window switches, Run a live from the battery to fogs and then to switch, Run an earth and that should be ur lot, saves a lot of hassle of replacing the standard light switch and wiring it into that.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.